6,021 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidethe trade windsadult poolkids activitieskids clubfront rowmini golfbedroom suitemain pool
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for a conference and found it to be a little gem. It has everything you need for a mini vacation, the beach, pools, dolphin boat rides, paddleboards, pool tables, paddleboats. And decent food in the restaurants ( Flying Bridge and the Italian restuarant off the main lobby) My room was in the Breckenridge building, a fairly nondescript building, but the rooms were clean and modern. I fortunately had a view of the beach but was dissappointed that the window did not open very wide. What I like about it is that it is kind of old school and all the staff was very friendly. Tip- Cheap beakfast - the croissants in the deli are reasonable and buttery good (not flaky though).When I returend I told a few colelagues about it, discovered one was planning her wedding there and many others had been there. I would defiently consider it for a family vacation or just a mini break. FOr the adults there is a seperate pool. Some of my colleagues had roms with living areas and sliding doors to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Was at Tradewinds for a conference and stayed two nights. The hotel is not by any means high end, it is just a cozy and relaxed place to stay out. The staff are in fact very helpful and friendly. If I turned around for one moment with any expression that looked like I needed something, there was a staff member ready to help me out. The rooms were clean and spacious. If you can, try out the paddleboats. My only concern was that the ac can be a bit loud. But on the plus side- to save energy the ac does shut off when you open the patio doors. Go if you are looking for a laid back, non pretentious time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Took a long weekend to celebrate an anniversity.
Weather was a little iffy but the resort was great, with a fine
restaurant the Palm Court.
Stayed in a beach front room and had some beautiful sunsets.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently spent a couple days at the Tradewinds Island Grand Resort and had a wonderful time. From the time of check in unitl the time of check out, the staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone I encountered had a positive attitude and seemed to enjoy their jobs. I had a meal or cocktail at every food service venue on the propery, including room service and enjoyed all of it

Room Tip: Rooms in the Breckenridge Building offer very easy access to the Adult Pool, the Beach and two fantastic resturants.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This October (2012) was our 4th visit to the Tradewinds, as always the beach was outstanding, service was excellent, food was great and the water temp was perfect!!!!!! We will be bringing the Grand Kids with us the next time. A GREAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple