6,028 results
All reviewspaddle boatsflying bridgejacaranda buildingbeefpizza hutpirate showthe palm courtgiant slidebeach slidethe trade windsadult poolkids activitieskids clubfront rowmini golfbedroom suitemain pool
Reviewed November 1, 2012

2 weeks in Florida , 1 week in orlando very good then we returned to St Pete's Beach for the "4th" time to stay at the Readewinds Island Grand, and that's where dissatisfaction began !!
On arrival we were not happy about our rooms so on our return to reception we were told that we could up grade for "not" 60 dollars but "30" dollars per day , this I may add was offered to our fellow travellers as soon as they hit the reception but decided to look at our rooms first,we said we would upgrade and were told that we would have to wait another hour for the rooms to be ready so duly went away and waited for the call which came after 1 and 1/2 hours ! and were told that the upgraded rooms that we have been allocated were now only available for 4 days and 5 days respectively, the comment i think was "you are having a laugh "!! anyway after a long session with reception we had to relent to this situation but were not happy with this [if you haven't got the rooms for 7 nights don't offer them !!!!!] we were given on the move other "not so good rooms" without extra charge and a free meal but still felt very annoyed with the staff and this hotel and have even sent a letter to the "CEO" who hasn't the decency to reply !!!!! so thanks Tradewinds but you will never get our trade again and you are not a 5star or a 4 star as the rooms are shabby and pretty grotty, there are far better hotels in St pete's

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theoldsWeymouth
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were on a 2 week driving trip of Florida. Started in Sanford drove to the keys and back across west coast. This was the best hotel of the 2 weeks vacation ! We stayed in some terrible hotels. DH had enough driving. We just walked in to Tradewinds and the staff offered us a room. Staff was so very friendly and professional. They gave us an upgraded room overlooking the ocean. The room had 2 queen beds a little counter with frig and microwave, sink and all the dishware you need. We checked-in dropped back off in room and went in jump in the ocean.
We spent 2 days on the beach. Resorts has 5 pools, plenty of restaurants! No need to leave.
We made one trip to Publix. Great resorts everything you need, worth the price, this is our next vacation Best time!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the beach! or why go at all.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I went here for a conference and stayed with my almost three year old and mother. The room was great and the bed comfortable. The employees were helpful, and I had no complaints. Of course I cannot comment on the extras because we did not use any of the pools. We stayed in the Brekenridge Bldg.

You can get Starbucks at the deli or the bar in the main building. I was disappointed that the deli stops selling the coffee in the evening, and the bar did not have decaf.. at about supper time. They were only making caffeinated. It was a minor thing, but I would expect they would still be making it then.

It was REALLY noisy in the hall the last night (after 10 pm), but my guess is that it is due to the high volume of kids.

Also, due to construction it is VERY difficult to walk off property to get to a restaurant. We dodged traffic both nights to go to Skidders.. and it was well worth it. I wrote a review on that restaurant. However, I did dread getting there with my mom in her 80s and kid who was almost 3. There is no cross walk near the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CoastalJen
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Did a weekend getaway in October with the family and found a deal online at TradeWinds. The selling point for me was the beach and outdoor activities like the floating slides and such that I knew my kids would love. Not their fault, but an odd hurricane off the east coast caused our trip to be too windy to do just about anything outside (I feel bad for all the wedding receptions that we saw). So my review is somewhat limited - a couple of tips though:
- Find the online promo code! Frankly I wouldn't have booked here at the prices I was seeing online. I just wanted a standard room that would fit four people so even at the basic room the online prices after all the taxes and fees were added in would be $200. And that's assuming I ignored all the other reviews on here to get a beach front room. Well I did ignore that, booking the cheapest room online and it worked just fine. Our room was fine, about the same quality as a Hampton Inn (which I consider just fine) and it faced the parking lot but again I wasn't planning on sitting in our room all day. It still had a mini fridge, sink, microwave. Biggest thing to know? I googled promo codes and found a code (TAAPP) that nuked my rate down to something incredibly low. Oddly enough it was for travel agents (which I'm not) but nobody asked or seemed to care (spent my check in time wondering if travel agents have any sort of ID they'd ask for? They didn't). Try that code, I ended up paying $120 total after everything for that room. It worked for all room classes.
- Again, outside of the lame pools we were there for the beach and it didn't work out so well for us there so I can't comment.

Decent enough hotel but I wouldn't pay full price for it. And all things being equal I'd go to Clearwater as I like the beach more.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank olozbal
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had so much fun at TradeWinds! We didn't really need to leave the resort much which made it nice. We did go to out to breakfast every morning but there are a lot of places around the resort to eat out at. They have many activities for people to do. We would love to go back again! I liked that they had cabanas for the resort guests so you didn't have to go rent one. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple