I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions, always for a meeting. Rooms have varied tremendously depending on the stay. Recently the hotel completed a complete renovation and rooms do appear to have been upgraded. For a family looking for a beach vacation this is probably a great choice. Recently I experienced a medical problem and it is very painful for me to walk even with a cane...so the only rooms available with two beds according to the clerk who checked me in are in a building a block away that requires either an even longer walk or climbing up and down stairs and over bridges that cross the property's scenic waterways. This is extremely handicapped unfriendly. Explaining my predicament to the clerk failed to provide any closer accomodation even though colleagues told me they were in the closer building in rooms with two beds.
There are multiple restaurants on the property ranging from the regular hotel restaurants to chain restaurants such as Beef O'Bradys and PIzza Hut. A large number of hotel employees are constantly walking back and forth between and within the buildings although I am not sure what they are doing.
Overall this is a nice resort with lots to offer so long as it isn't convenient transportation between the main building and the outlying buildings where many of the accomodations are located. Keep that in mind if you have ANY mobility issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida