I stayed here twice in the span of three months while visiting friends who live in St. Pete. The rooms are nothing special (very big, mini-kitchenette, nice bathroom, beachy furniture). The grounds on the other hand are beautiful. Everything is very well maintained. The pools were always immaculate, the tables/areas surrounding the pool were always cleaned promptly and the beachhhhh! AHHH THE BEACH! The beach at TradeWinds was literally the widest beach I have ever seen! It was beautiful! The water was perfect, there were always chairs available, never too crowded. I would pay good money just to be able to use their beach for the day!
There are several restaurants within the resort and they were all pretty decent but there's also a whole bunch of options within walking distance that are great (try the Greek restaurant across the street and the little Italian bakery down the road).
The resort also offers a lot of activities to keep kids busy (volleyball, air jumpers, water sports, air hockey tables) but if you can go out you should definitely check downtown Tampa and St. Petersburg. Nightlife on the actual resort is nothing too special but there are a lot of bars/hangouts within walking distance of TradeWinds and you can always call Free Beach Rides (a roving golf cart) that will take you back the hotel free of charge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida