Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed September 20, 2013

All staff friendly ,helpful. From Karen,Tara,Dwayne.Cynthia at the front desk.Also maintainance and housekeeping work tirelessly to maintain this older resort. .great location for entertainment plus beautiful Gulf view....Favorite place on the Beach

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin N, General Manager at Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and found the staff friendly at Howard Johnson St. Pete Beach. Thank you for saying that we are your "favorite place" on the beach. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

They were great from the time we arrived to the time we left. The front desk took care of us and was friendly. Every thing was clean and the spot on the beach there at was one of the best spots. The pool they have there is great also. We spent most of our time at the beach and pool. The restaurant was vary good ate there three times. To sum it up I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for sharing you kind words. I am so very glad that you enjoyed your stay at Howard Johnson St. Pete Beach. I will be happy to let the staff know that you found them friendly and the property clean. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My Wife and I stayed here this year for our entire trip from Sept 3rd thru Sept 7th. We have stayed previously at Postcard Inn and Beachcombers and were not able to have a comfortable sleep because of the "party scene" noise. We had zero issues at Howard Johnson. Rooms are a little dated but were very clean. We were on the fourth floor facing North so we had a partial view of the Gulf. No Smoking but you are allowed to smoke on the balcony. We will definetly be staying here again. Only issue was the "room key" deactivated twice while we were there and we had to go back down to the reception desk to get it reset. Other then that a very quiet and relaxing stay !!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet and you get some sort of a view from either side.
1  Thank SJW50

Thank you so much for choosing Howard Johnson St. Pete Beach. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our facility to be clean and comfortable. I hope that we see you again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was a little unsure, given the mixture of reviews I read before arriving, but all in all, I had a very nice weekend at the St. Pete HoJo. My room was much bigger than I had expected, and it was very clean, with crisp, clean bedding. The a/c worked just fine, as did the plumbing. Although I didn't use the pool, it looked like a very large, and well-kept pool and pool-area, and I certainly saw many people enjoying it. The Toasted Monkey was very nice for both food, and drinks in the evening. The hotel is a bit dated, but it's clear they try to keep it up, and the fact that there is a beautiful sandy beach and the Gulf of Mexico right in their back yard, is most defnitely a plus!

Room Tip: If available, ask for a room facing the ocean. Each room has it's own balcony, so a pleasant eve...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Robin N, General Manager at Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Howard Johnson St. Pete Beach. We do take a great deal of pride in our hotel and work very hard to maintain it. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. I hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am late in this review... stayed here last year, but felt I should comment... I arrived late with no reservation, most hotels I stopped at were sold out... desk clerk was friendly and helpful... and they had a room and I was grateful. Woke in the AM with a beautiful view of their great pool! It is one of the nicer pools in this area. My room was clean, spacious and accomodating. I met many wonderful people at their pool. Used their restaurant and thought the food was good and fairly priced! Also used the tiki bar, which was great! Over all the place was great... no one is perfect and the only area I felt that could use help was the back entries were worn out and tired looking... when a traveler arrives through that door, that is a bad impression.... attention to those areas is really important for first impressions! Elevators too... keep them clean and in good repair. However... it did not impact my stay... would I go back?? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Really nice pool... good restaurant at a good fair price.. nice for families on a budget as the food...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to let the staff know that you found them friendly and your room clean. I hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Robin N, General Manager at Howard Johnson Resort Hotel - ST. Pete Beach FL, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Reviewed September 11, 2013