4,386 results
All reviews don cesar maritana grille historic hotel pink palace sea porch restaurant sea perch spa oceana lobby bar pool staff self park resort fee rooms are small paddle boarding jet ski an umbrella beach service pete beach
Reviewed March 13, 2016

We had a great stay! It was a very relaxing weekend. The hotel is beautiful! We took the free history tour of the hotel and definitely recommend it! It starts at 11:30 a.m. and is about an hour long. We utilized the free non motorized water sports from 8-10 a.m. and Captain Jamie was great to work with on the beach!!! We utilized the concierge a few times and they were very helpful. They have a free taxi service that you only pay the tip which was great for going out for dinner and drinks. The room was beautiful - we had an ocean view on the 3rd floor. Watching the sun setting was amazing! The bathroom, as reported in other posts, are very small just as an FYI. The beach was beautiful and many guests would go down and watch the sunset. Overall all the staff were very nice and helpful. Being it is a luxury hotel, we were nervous it was going to be stuffy but it was very laid back.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank megmyra1
Jeff A, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2016

I am delighted to learn of what a fantastic stay you had with us! I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed our iconic Pink Palace and much of what we have to offer, including our fascinating history tour, thrilling water sports, beautiful accommodations, stunning sunset, and of course, our pristine, sugar-sand beach! Thank you for your many compliments regarding our fabulous and friendly team members and the wonderful service they deliver! I will be sure to share your praises with Captain Jamie and the rest of the team!

Reviewed March 13, 2016

Loved staying at the Don CeSar. I was lucky enough to have a week there due to a business trip, then a weekend extension. It is wedding central, with as many as 10 going on a day, but they manage those events so they don't interfere with those of us who want to lounge on the beach, have a fruity cocktail and a have a relaxing stay. Everyone is there for fun so it has positive vibe, staff is there to enhance your experience. They truly seem to care about your enjoyment. Top it all off by being on a incredibley beautiful, long stretch of beach where the sunset is the highlight of a great day. Many options within walking distance (on the beach) for cocktials, meals, etc. Truly first class service and a beautiful property.

Room Tip: Must go ocean front!
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
3  Thank mjm723

I am overjoyed to hear what a wonderful stay you had with us! I'm glad that you were able to extend your trip to enjoy some well deserved R&R! I am also happy to hear how much you enjoyed lounging on our beautiful beach while sipping on a delicious cocktail, followed by a stunning sunset! Thank you for your kind words about our fun, positive team members and the excellent service they deliver! I will be sure to share your praises with the rest of the team!

Reviewed March 13, 2016

A building such as this should have traditional furnishings and design. Once inside, you might as well be in a new Hilton with the contemporary modern decor. Who does this? Also, $5 cup of coffee, $7 draft beer, $15 glass of house wine is ridiculous. Seafood restaurant on site was fantastic and well worth the high price. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Pool and beach were top notch. A mandatory $25 resort fee and yet you have to pay to use beach chairs.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts
Jeff A, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2016

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry that you feel that our interior design does not reflect the character and historic nature of our legendary Pink Palace. We do our best to provide guests an atmosphere that reflects the classic Gatsby-era feel and ambiance of the 20's with the contemporary conveniences and design touches that today's travels expect in a hotel of our caliber,

It's great to hear that you found our seafood restaurant to be fantastic and our Team Members friendly and accommodating.

I hope we have the privilege to welcome you back again soon.

Loews Don Cesar Hotel

Reviewed March 12, 2016 via mobile

Booked last minute for a stay with the wife. Really enjoyed the resort. Coming up the driveway is quite the experience. Big hill approaching a pink castle. Can either valet or self park. Self park super easy but make sure you get your key activated.

Very friendly at checkin. Room wasn't ready when we got there at 4pm so we went to the bar and they called us about 30 minutes later. No big deal and gorgeous weather.

Room was nice but small. Expected in historic hotel. We had the 2 double beds as was only room available. Clean floors, showers, beds. Blackout curtains in room so we slept in a lot later than planned!

Hotel gym was great. All Life Fitness equipment. Hotel bar was also nice. Beers $6-7 a piece so not terrible for a resort.

Pool area was very nice as was the beach. Pool attendants prepare chairs for you at the pool and the beach. Just flip the flag up on your chair for waiter service.

Great stay and service. No complaints. Photos posted looking at hotel from the beach and the pool.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jake K
Jeff A, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2016

I am ecstatic to hear what a wonderful getaway you had while staying with us! I'm happy that you were able to relax and soak up the sun on our pristine, sugar-sand beach and poolside while enjoying a few refreshing drinks! I am also glad that you were able to get tons of rest in your comfortable accommodations! Thank you for your kind words about our friendly team members and the great service they deliver! I will be sure to share your praises with the rest of the team!

Reviewed March 10, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel a in February an unfortunately two pieces of my wife's jewelry were stolen from out room. Luckily they were costume pieces but sentimentally valuable. I still have a tough time believing it happened. We did use the room safe for precious jewelry.
Anyway hotel management was insensitive and made us feel like we were the thieves. And they were more interested to protect their employee than their customer.

Not what I would have expects from an upscale hotel. Nor how I would have been expected to be treated. Especially having booked 300 room nights for my company a plus meals.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business
9  Thank KeithM173

I'm sorry you feel that we were insensitive to your matter regarding your missing costume jewelry.

We take these types of incidents very seriously. After a complete lock interrogation of your room, and interviews with the Team Members that did enter your room, nothing was uncovered to suggest our Team Members were connected to your missing jewelry.

We did recommend that you contact the Sheriff's Office to file a police report if you felt the matter should be escalated. It's our understanding from law enforcement officials that you have not done so at this time.

We do provide in-room safes for all our guests, and I'm happy that you utilized this service for your more "precious" valuables.

Again, I am sorry that your wife's costume jewelry went missing at some point during your travels.

We appreciate your business and hope this matter will not deter you from returning to Loews in the future.

Regards,