“Great place to spend a couple of days away from all.”
Review of The Don CeSar

The Don CeSar
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I spend 2 days at this hotel, from the time we entered to the time we left it was breath taking. It's right on St Pete beach with many amenities, 2 swimming pools and if you prefer the beach just walk a few more feet and there you are in an amazing scenery that will leave you with a smile that will last forever every time you remember this hotel or speak of it. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florida, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gilberto O
DanielWalsh, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear GIlberto O,

I'm glad to hear you and your wife had a great time here at the Don CeSar! It really sounds as though you took advantage of everything the hotel has to offer, including the pools, beaches, and various resort amenities.

I hope we can welcome you and your wife back soon, please let us know if we can assist in any way. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post a review!

Daniel Walsh, VIP Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,991)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

"The Don" is one of my favorite places to visit. I attend an annual conference there, and look forward to the trip. The staff there is as good as you'd expect at such a magnificent property. An example of that is that I have recently been diagnosed with celiac disease - the only treatment for which is a gluten free diet. While there were few options in place at the Don Cesar, the staff went over and above to accommodate me, even to the point where a manager personally went out to acquire my favorite gluten free beer.

There are many examples of great service I can share - but make a visit and experience your own. At the same time, you'll enjoy great rooms in a great setting. Two pools alongside the beach and the gulf. Dining and entertainment options on the property and nearby, and a fun hotel to explore. There are great patios and verandas from which you can watch the sun set with your loved ones.

Pricey, yes - but you should find it worthwhile!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DanielWalsh, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Jim W,

Thank you for sharing your most recent trip to our hotel!

When it comes to our loyal guests it is always difficult finding ways to continue surprising them and making each individual stay special. This time it was the team going out and picking up your favorite gluten free beer to enjoy. The team is really the difference when it comes to our property, we enjoy doing those special things most places wouldn't consider.

Thank you for making us your top choice in St. Pete Beach, we look forward to your return!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was quite worried about this hotel considering the various reviews on TA. I have to say that we had a great stay. The room (grand king, but not really huge!) was very nice, gulf view, just the bathroom is very, very small, but nice as well. Great breakfast, great staff, gorgeous pools. Only drawback is the beach not incuded in the resort fees, thus additional money is requested. We have not tried the restaurants, but breakfast. Free wifi, parking for a fee. Absolutely reccomended.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TravelSmartMilan,

Thank you for commenting about your recent trip to St. Pete Beach!

Trip Advisor is such a great tool when planning a vacation because it gives you so many different perspectives on an individual property. My advice if you are hesitant about a property is always to call the hotels directly and speak with the team members. In fact, I have had a number of guests call me directly based on reviews from Trip Advisor, and many of them have come back to post what great stays they have had. Although I am not sure if we spoke prior to your arrival, I am glad you came down and had a wonderful time. If you ever have any questions or need assistance we are here all day every day to assist!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Don Cesar for an annual conference every May for years. Pro's - beautiful location on the beach, nice pool, great service, gorgeous pink building with lots of history, friendly staff. Cons - some of the rooms are a bit dated, pricey, front desk staff seems easily confused. Great family location as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Erica M,

Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

Your comments about the staff and property were very nice and we appreciate the kind words. Although you come down each year for a business meeting, we would love to have you down for a leisure trip sometime. Please let us know if we can assist with any future arrangements!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My daughters and I spent 4 nights in April. The service was excellent. Really the place to be pampered. Rooms are small, but beautifully furnished and very clean. Food very good. Great pools, and pool side service.
The spa was not impressive. We will good back, but skip the spa.

Room Tip: All rooms are small, but given the history and age of this place it is to be expected.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mimi B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Don CeSar!

It's great to see our local guests coming down and having a good time! I'm glad you enjoyed the rooms, food, and especially the service!

Come back and see again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just spent 2 days at the Don Cesar and not impressed at all. I am frankly suprised at all the positive reviews. They advertise that they are family-friendly, with concierge-service, but fell way short. We were given a room that overlooked the street, when we were told we had a beachside view. The room was small and the balcony in the front was not safe -- looked like it was going to fall off.

The food at the pool restaurant was sub-par. We waited 45 minutes for a table, only to be charged a ridiculously high-price for a basic lunch. There are no amenities for our 4yr old son - he was bored out of his mind. It seemed like if you have money, you get special treament. All said and done, we were out over $500 dollars for 1 night!!

I was told by a few friends to go to Tradewinds -- which is exactly what I am going to do!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Tony S

Dear Tony S,

I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay at our hotel. We do have a number of activities for our young guests to enjoy on property including games, contests, and toys at the pool and on the beach. This information was clearly not communicated as it should have been and I apologize for that. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly, I am happy to help.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

After a hectic 7 days in the happy chaos that is Orlando the Don was perfect. From the moment we arrived the staff made all of us, and in particular the children feel really welcomed. The poolside service and facilities were well thought out and expertly executed, from the free smoothies, to the beachside games and the great musical entertainment. It is rare that a resort manages to strike the balance between being family friendly and classy.

The location is perfect and the concierge did a tremendous job of recommending good local restaurants that provided excellent food with great ambiance all within easy reach of the hotel. Not cheap but well worth the money.

Room Tip: Got to have a beach view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chris c

Dear chris c,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular your time spent at the pool. It looks as though you were able to take advantage of some of the poolside pamperings we offer along with the various beach games. Additionally, thank you for taking the time to mention the Concierge, I will be sure to pass on the kind words to the team.

We hope you will come back and visit the next time you are in St. Pete Beach, thank you again for the review!