“Great Special Event Location”
Review of The Don CeSar

The Don CeSar
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Our son was married here in late December. The staff was excellent and the hotel event planner did a wonderful job. The front desk service was a little slow but otherwise we had a great experience. The pool and beach area and views were incredible. This is an historical hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vbtourist2004
DanielWalsh, Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear vbtourist2004,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay!

When it comes to celebrating special occasions there are few places as picturesque as St. Pete Beach and we are proud to stand out in such a beautiful backdrop. I'm glad your son had a great event, and we are delighted to have been a part of it.

Thank you again for your response, we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for The Don CeSar

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I live a few hours south of St. Pete's Beach, but it seemed a world away. We had a wonderful, restful three day weekend, and we would go back in a heartbeat. The Don CeSar apparently had a face lift a while ago; at least that's what we heard. The place is immaculate, the service is friendly and prompt, and the beach is really spectacular. We took an hour long walk every morning, and we could have walked farther. The beach is stunning. The pool area is nice, but was particularly crowded on this holiday weekend. We opted for chairs on the beach instead. Far less crowded. Plenty of restaurants to choose from ion the area, but we chose to stay close to home, dining either in-room or at the hotel. Excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view!
2  Thank Daniel1805

Dear Daniel1805,

Thank you for the kind words!

It's always a pleasure and a delight to welcome our local guests to St. Pete Beach and provide them a sense that they are "a world away" on their staycation! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the renovations to the property and that your long walks on the beach were just what you need to rest while here.

If you are ever planning a trip back to the area please give us a call and let us know so we can assist in making your next trip just as restful as this last one. Thank you again for your response!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I attended a work-related seminar at the Don CeSar last week. The hotel is so interesting architecturally and the staff really took a personal interest in me. I requested a fridge and it was in my room when I arrived. I needed some dining receipts after my trip and they supplied them promptly. The only issue I had was a missed . Eat lunch at the bar. The food was good and more affordable than the Sea Porch. I did think all the restaurants in the area were over priced, but that is to be expected in a tourist area. The rooms are a bit small, but it was fine for me traveling alone. The only issue I had was that housekeeping forgot to come clean my room one day. They handled the situation very well and provided complimentary turn-down service when they came cleaned the room while I was at dinner.

Room Tip: 705 had a beautiful view of the beach and was quiet! Its the top floor and a corner room. I believ...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DEC0326

Dear DEC0326,

Thank you for your response!

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here for your business trip recently. It sounds as though the staff and food & beverage outlets were able to provide you with a truly exceptional experience. Hopefully your next trip to the area will be for a leisure vacation, let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future!

Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your experience!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Booked this last minute and was very pleased with my visit. Had a less expensive room facing the parking lot but the room was still very nice- except bathroom is small and my son was disappointed that the the bathroom stopper was completely out of the drain. Luckily dad was able to fix this! Property was very nice and clean. Beach was very pretty and pools and pool area were both very nice. All the staff that I had any interaction with were very kind and professional. Self park option at $10 is nice but $22 resort fee kind of feels like a tacky add on at the end of a stay. Did not eat on site but heard the Sunday brunch was worth consideration. Would consider a return trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MH32

Dear MH32,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay!

I was glad to hear that overall you had a great stay and the staff and pool areas were exceptional. Thank you for also providing feedback on other areas of your stay that did not meet your expectations. We are going to review and ensure the issues are addressed.

Your feedback helps us to improve, so thank you again for posting your experience! We hope to see you soon, let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I spend one night at this older, historic hotel. The room facing the gulf was small but very clean and very comfy bed. The staff at all areas of the hotel were extremely polite, helpful and prompt. The pool area has free iced water with fruit in it, magazines to look at as you lounge by the pool, and the beach has some great unique features...a kids sandbox area with lots of sand toys provided, sand sculptures to lead you out to the beach and little amenities around the pool. Great pool bar and food at the casual restaurant was very good. I appreciated all the healthy choices on the menu. The only thing that was a bit less than par was the pizza we ordered in our room that evening. The crust was really bad...frozen I think...hard and tasteless. But all the other food was wonderful. I had read some reviews of this hotel that made me think it was outdated and not clean. That was not our experience, at all. The bathroom was very small...door almost hit the toilet when it was opened, but it was clean and was fine for one person at a time. Pillows and bed were very comfy. I see that someone mentioned sunblock was provided at the pool...did not see that but maybe the gift shop people could tell us that when we buy sunblock so we can save that expense? The beach is spectacular.

Room Tip: If a large bathroom is important to you, you might ask if there are some rooms with larger bathrooms...

Dear RKGallup,

Thank you for your review!

Although a short stay, I'm glad the team was able to leave a lasting impression and help make your time here in St. Pete Beach more enjoyable. Regardless of how long your stay is, we strive to make sure that every minute is supremely comfortable and enjoyable.

Thank you for taking the time to pot your experience, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were vacationing in Naples and wanted to stay at a nice hotel for our last night in Florida before heading to the airport the next day. I booked a One bedroom bayside suite. $425.00 for one night. When we got there it looked like the hotel would be very nice. We got to our room and I looked out for the view that I was expecting for my last day which in their ad states "Most rooms with private balcony overlooking the Intercoastal Boca Ciega Bay." Well note the word "MOST" because if you do not get one of the views of the bay you could get a view of the drive coming up to the hotel like we did. Not very picturesque and definitely not what I was expecting. I even called to find out if we had the correct room. We decided to make the best of it. We ate dinner at the hotel. There was no flavor in the food, very bland. When we got back to our room, we found out that someone had been in to turn down the bed. We had not requested this and it upset me because I had not put all of my valuables in the safe. At night when we tried to get to sleep, there was a loud banging heating/cooling vent in our suite that kept us awake. When were finally able to sleep, we were awoken at about 4:30 to the sound of vacuuming. At 4:30????? What is that all about? I did respond to the email sent to me after we returned home and filled in the review that the hotel requested stating all of these items. The response I received basically told me that if I had a Lowes savers card I would have received better services. I am glad I am not staying at any of the Lowes hotels for my trip to Orlando in March. I will be moving to Florida in a few years. I will not use these hotels for my trips before I move nor will I recommend them. The only positive was that the bartender at the lower bar was very accommodating. She was overworked for the amount of people that were in there and still kept a smile on her face.

7  Thank jimandcin907

Dear jimandcin907,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience to the property!

It sounds as though there were many areas that we fell short of your expectations during your trip to St. Pete Beach. We certainly want to make sure that our guests receive a world-class stay from start to finish here the Loews Don CeSar, and have clearly fallen short of this goal. Your feedback is very important and your experience will be discussed so similar events do not occur in the future.

I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for either myself or the manager on duty. Thank you again for posting your feedback, we hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a very nice hotel but don't expect big rooms. They are quite small but clean and cozy. The bathroom was extremely small as well. The beach is its biggest asset. If u love to walk you can walk all the way down the beach to Pass-aGrille which is a very nice town. The breakfasts at the hotel were wonderful. I loved the location because u could even walk into town to buy things since the hotel for munches,etc were a little expensive. My husband and I have eaten in their specialty restaurant on many occasions and loved it. The hotel has different classes and even if u don't use them u r charged per day for them, so I would suggest taking a class. All in all I would probably stay again. It would be nice if the frozen drink bar had a happy hour which it does not. Drinks were quite expensive unless u went to the inside bar for happy hour.

Dear sheeba77,

Thank you for your review!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the various areas of the hotel during your stay, and were also able to take advantage of our happy hour specials and fitness classes! Further, I have to agree that the relaxing beach walk to Pass-a-Grille is a must do while on property. Glad you were able to take some time to experience it!

Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you agian soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Pete Beach
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort
#10 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Been to The Don CeSar? Share your experiences!