To all of the reviewers that think this hotel is wonderful , you must have been accomodated in a special wing of the hotel either that or you have a great sense of humour!!
This was the second week of our first holiday in the States, however we are experienced and realistic world travellers who expect a reasonable standard of accomodation.
Be warned, this hotel ( or should we say Motel ) is definitely not 3 star standard. It is smelly, it is shabby and it does have bugs ( mainly small to medium size cockroaches), we found several on our beds, in the drawers of the furniture and on the walls of our room during our stay. The smell is a mixture of a cheap air freshener and something rotten, you gradually get used to it but it's definitely followed us home in our luggage!
The hotel looks great on the outside as the owners seem to invest money on exterior paint rather than the interior refurbishment that is long overdue and that it urgently needs. The air conditioning sounds like a jet engine when it kicks in and the old fridge rattled away consistently so needless to say we had broken and restless sleep every night. ( We had also paid for an upgrade on arrival as our original room overlooked the rubbish bins in the carpark ! )
We did not use the restaurant but it looked clean and tidy and the menu plain & simple. A couple of the reception staff were very friendly and helpful but the other staff lacked professional customer service skills.The pool whilst clean could do with a pool attendant / life guard as there were various guests who constantly ignored safety and courtesy rules as there was dangerous horseplay and noisy late night swimming sessions. Prices at the beach bar were a bit of a 'rip off' and again the staff were unfriendly also the associated watersports and excursions were a third of the price dearer than elsewhere. Unfortunately towards the end of our stay our nine year old son gashed his foot on a broken shell on the beach but as an example of their poor standards all that was contained in the hotels first aid kit was a tube of burn cream, an unsterile tirangular bandage, latex gloves and some small plasters.
This hotel should be reclassified or removed from holiday brochures until complete refurbishment is carried out, at the moment even at half the price we wouldn't recommend anyone stay there .
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Dolphin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Dolphin Beach Saint Pete
- Dolphin Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach
- Dolphin Beach Resort Florida
- Dolphin Beach Hotel St Pete
- Dolphin Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida
- St Pete Beach Dolphin Beach Resort