“Good intro to the USA”

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Birmingham
“Good intro to the USA”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed here during our first visit to the USA, as my Son was getting married at a nearby hotel. This hotel was offered as a weeks package holiday with Cosmos. The staff were great, friendly, and helpful. The room was larger than we expected, clean and included a fridge and microwave. Parts of the hotel were looking a bit tired, but I understand a update is in progress. The pool was great, although it did get a little crowded at the weekend, and there is very little supervision of the area, so parents should be very vigilant. There is a supermarket literally across the road, and lots of beach bars and restaurants close by. There is also a very good Trolley Bus service if you want to explore a little further along the coast, and don't have access to a car. I would certainly visit again!

Room Tip: Go for a sea or pool view, our room was on the left hand side, and there was a continual drone from...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Polish first
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed during the memorial day weekend 2013 and my family had a fantastic time. We had a pool side room that was wonderfull. My kids could go from pool to room for food, relax, or whatever. This place treated us like a five star resort. Pool is fantastic, food was awesome, beach bar the best for me and my husband. I will come back for years. Supermarket accross the street, many restaurant options in walking distance. Our room was clean and large compared to other rooms we have stayed at on st. Pete. The staff, great! They wanted to know are name and greated us BY NAME AFTER THE FIRST DAY. I love this place and is my new st. Pete vacation home for years to come.

Thank you Dolphin beach!!!

Room Tip: Pool view, or beach view. Most pool views still have view of the ocean, but the beach rooms look str...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dbecklv
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We normally stay at the Tradewinds when we come to St. Pete Beach, but we were on a bit of a budget this time and I found this hotel for just $130 a night, including tax/fees/etc on getaroom.com. We weren't promised any particular sort of room, but ended up getting a pool view room, and we could see the ocean from the room as well, which was amazing! There was plenty of room to lay out and the pool was nice. The rooms were okay, not anything to write home about, but a great deal for the price I paid. We hung out at the tiki bar, which had great drinks and food. We had breakfast at the little restaurant-not great food, but pretty good and not too expensive. I think anything under $180 a night or so would be an okay amount to pay for this hotel, but I would have been upset had I paid more.

Upsides: Can't get any closer to the beautiful beach, nice sized rooms, decent food at a decent price, nice pool, wasn't too busy when I was there

Downsides: Staff wasn't overly friendly, our floor reeked of weed for an entire day, not a lot of "extras"

All in all, it was a great deal for what I paid and a fun trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AutumnElizabeth87
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The people that work here are not very intelligent. They couldn't figure out how to put three parties near each other. Then the guy yelled at me and wouldn't give me a parking spot. Long story but overall they were super rude. Oh the lady also tried to tell me 12 dollars for 12 hour parking was cheaper than 21.40 at the hotel for parking

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank LoBeth14
Sydney
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Resort was very comfortable and quiet. Great location with direct access to the beach. Cleaning staff were fantastic - very accommodating. Tried the restaurant on several occasions - very good. Room equipped with microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker. Grocery store and shops located across the street. Dophin Beach Resort is not a high end resort - it is middle of the road. I would recommend it for those who are interested in a quiet, relaxing vacation. My only disappointment was the lack of a fitness centre. We were able to find a facility about 20 minutes away but it would have been nice to be able to work out at the resort.

Would definitely return to the Dolphin Beach!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AmackSydney
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Usually your housekeeping comes everyday to make your beds right? Well my Mother and I stayed there and we only got housekeeping two times in our four night stay. we never got our sheets changed. The card on the table next to the beds we change your linens every three nights or otherwise by our customers. The lobby people were really grumpy. we had a late flight back home, we asked for a later checkout and the man at the desk said"I'll give you to noon". Our plane left at 8:10 p.m.!! Room service forogt our silverware. the hotel needs major updating!
If you are looking for a place that's really nice and don't mind spending the extra few hundreds of dollars the DBR, stay at The Tradwinds, the price is high but it includes mini golf, cabanas included, paddle boat, towles for beach. Its really a great place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family