“Great location!”

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Hamilton, Canada
“Great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Have been here before,but the resort has done some upgrades and looks great.The location is terrific,close to airport(st petersburg)shopping nearby, on the beach with plenty of restaurants and bars!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms over looking pool with a balcony a must!! Didn't really have a noise issue,but pool mainte...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank momma99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great location with wide powder white sand beach. Large room was clean but in need of upgrade especially the soft mattress and small hard pillows, Staff was pleasant, and very helpful. Property has overall tired and well used appearance that could use an overhaul! Banquet room was nice and the food was pretty good for buffet style dining.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank annab219
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed a t this resort for two weeks. The hotel staff were awesome/helpfull. The location great . That being said I am uncertain as to why the management does not listen to previous complaints around housekeeping- the shower appeared not to be cleaned in the two weeks, soap holder gross , ants in the room and yes as mentioned in previous reviews the vents were disgusting- why don't they clean them.. Given the great location and friendly staff I would love to say I would return but given their extremely low housekeeping standards I will not return or recommend , unless change in this area occurs

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jen M
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel itself was okay given the age of the facility. However when I got ready to take a shower I noticed that the box of soap that was left in my room was damaged. I opened the box and saw a long black hair on the used bar of white soap. I was absolutley mortified. I took the box to the front desk and spoke to Ken who quickly told me he could give me a new bar of soap. He totally missed the point. The housekeeping department had put used soap back in the box to be reused by a different guest.

Really makes you wonder what other types of corners they might have cut. Not my best trip to St. Petersburg.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms have an excellent view. Just don't use the soap.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RickGodsey

Travelers are raving about these St. Pete Beach hotels

Albany, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed 3/29-4/3. Our room was on the first floor overlooking pool. The room was very dark and only brightened up when we propped our door open. We had a garden guy working directly in front of our window for two mornings, so we could not even open our drapes. And the leaf? blower guy started by the pool at 8:15a everyday so very noisy. I know now that the $250 /night rate was strictly based on location (on the beach) and time of year (spring break). I have paid $100/night for rooms much nicer than this one. Pool chairs are nailed down and people put their towels out early to save chairs, so be prepared to run across the street and buy chairs if you want them. Location was wonderful, right on the beautiful sandy beach, and a short beach walk to many eateries.

Room Tip: If you stay here try to get a room that faces the beach with a balcony. Also heard that rates are m...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 0kellyk0
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Pay top dollar for beach front and then be prepared to be harassed by the chair cop should you dare think of moving your chair off your patio 10ft to get some sun - ridiculous! While they managed to screw up our booking, the rooms are less than clean, and breakfast service is lethargic and tasteless at best, all would have been forgiven for great location on the beach. Amazing how out of touch with customers managememt can be. I heard no less than 4 customers in 5 minutes say they would not be back. All in the name of protecting the rental business...seems like room revenue would be more important than beach rental would be at 10 times the price! Throw in some cockroaches and no bottled water available in the machine and clearly there is a need to change management.

• Stayed March 2013
7 Thank travelinJberries
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed March 22 to March 29th. The venue is nice; however the staff at the front desk was incompetent and unaccomadating.
Day 1, our reservation was "Lost" in their system. We were told we would have to go elsewhere for lodging, even after presenting the booking email receipt. During spring break week? After pleading for accomadations and explaining to them we have been here every spring break for past 20 years, we were able to get a room. No apoligies were offered and we were just happy to have a room.

Day 2-6 we called the front desk 8 times because the people upstairs were loud and jumping around after 11 PM. Finally on last call I went upstairs to see if staff would go to address the issue. No luck! Noise would continue until after 3 AM when the guests decided to call it quits.

Day 7 we were on beach in chairs provided by our hotel on our balcony area with other sun bathers. This is day the temp finally broke 75 degrees and there were alot of sunbathers. We were told that we had to go to the cabana rentals to lay on the beach. An addition 20 per day per sunbather. We asked where the policy was that stated this and were told by Ashleigh, the supervisor that there was no written policy, it was just policy. We were threatened with being evicted. Ashleigh was rude to other sunnbathers as well. Not just our party.

I have stayed at cheaper hotels and have been treated very well. If I owned this place I would fire everyone and start from scratch with people who are suited for the service industry. After spending over 300.00 a day for this place I feel like a bought a sports car with no engine.

My family and I had a great time; no thanks to the hotel. The problem is, we would have had as good of a time sleeping in a car on the beach. Save your money! Dont stay here. Next year we will rent a condo.

Room Tip: Stay at a different Hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family