“ideal location”

Dolphin Beach Resort
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed August 4, 2012

great hotel, great location right on the beach and publix across the road, excellent food and drinks at the beach bar with lots of other local bars close by, pleasant staff especially in the bar and restaurant - rooms have a fridge and a microwave, two double beds and plenty of room, could not ask for more, will certainly be going back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Pool is fantastic and beach is a short distance from the pool. RELAX in the gulf waters and then rinse off and hang out by the pristine pool. I love that the pool has a six-foot depth, rare in most of today's pools. Bar is between the pool and the beach, and the only disadvantage is that the bar and pool close at dusk! TOO EARLY! When I questioned this, I was told it was to protect poolside guests from the noise. DUH! DON'T get poolside if you're concerned about the noise!

HARRY was the BEST front desk clerk and MIKE was the greatest in events/catering. They both have marvelous customer service skills. I was disappointed that I was responsible for bringing THOUSANDS of dollars to the hotel, yet there was NO WAY I could stay in my room one half hour after check-out!!! That caused me to spend time sitting in the lobby, a blessing in disguise for this review. Several desk staffers need help in customer service. I did not feel welcome when I checked in, and I observed the same attitude when I was forced to sit in the lobby. There were many Europeans in the hotel. American hotel staffers, if YOU do not know guests' language, DO NOT think they will understand if you SHOUT! We need to accommodate those from out of the country, NOT humiliate them. They are spending money here; HELP THEM!

A PLUS is that the trolley/bus that goes to the St. Pete Pier stops right in front of the hotel. Again, desk people NEED to be able to answer questions about the trolley as well as the public beach next door. The trolley driver was borderline abusive, but the locals helped me.

I would stay at the Dolphin again, but if I received poor service again, I would contact the manager immediately.

Room Tip: You'll pay more to have an oceanside view, but it's better than looking at a parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Had nice rooms, nothing fancy but we were there to spend our time on the beach. Dolphin Beach Resort St. Pete Beach had A beautiful beach. We are definitely planning on going back next year. We got amazing prices on the room for a whole week. Most hotels in the area were almost twice as expensive. Didn't see the need to pay more just to sleep and shower.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you like to swim in 85 degree gulf of Mexico and rinse off in a pool for $98.00 bucks a night then this place is for you. Great for families with young kids or for just a quick getaway this place is centrally located on St. Petes Beach. Across the street is an IHOP, a CVS pharmacy, Chase Bank in case you forgot something. The bathrooms could use an upgrade but we were not there to analyze.
PS Ken at the lounge/bar was great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sp5ive
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at the Dolphin Beach Resort and Joe and the staff at the front desk was very helpful. It was a last minute vacation which we planned in three hours from Georgia. I have kids who love the beach and its a great value for the price we paid. I will always stay at the Dolphin Resort because of the Front Desk Staff. Its across the street from Publix and small beach shops if you leave anything. Great Atmosphere and Family friendly. Pool is warm and sunset is beautiful at night. My Family wants to go back already. Bar was good for me and my wife atfer the kids went to bed.

Room Tip: Rooms cost more to see the Beach-don't paid the extra for the beach because you already on the b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We loved this hotel. Staff really friendly and always very helpful. Lovely pool, right on the beach and handy for supermarket & other shopping. Restaurants close by. It provided all that we needed and expected for a 3 star and we'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony overlooking the pool or beach
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geordiegirl414
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Overall the hotel is decent enough. Just stayed one night but the room was adequate, not perfect but it was clean. The bathroom could do with updating and things repaired correctly rather than just painted over. The pool area was very nice with a tiki bar and adjacent restaurant (didn't use). It's right on the beach so that was very handy and surrounded by many bars and other restaurants.

HOWEVER, if I had been a drop in enquiry I would have ran away - Larry on the front desk was just not pleasant - certainly not who I would choose to be greeting guests. The other front desk staff weren't much better. Staff overall were not too professional looking either at front desk or in the bar/restaurant area.

I would consider it again if there was nothing else available but won't be choosing to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends