Stayed there 3/24-3/31.
Great location on the beach!
Parking is good, very secure!
No restaurant on site, but plenty of great places within walking distance.
Our favorite place was the Undertow, which is south of the hotel on Gulf Blvd. Best Grilled tuna ever! Huge sandwich for only $6.99. It is just a beach bar with waitresses in skimpy outfits, but the beers are cold and the food is wonderful. Probably not for the kids after about 8 PM or on Saturday afternoons during the Volleyball Leagues.(quite a spectacle!)
Lots to do for kids of all ages!
Playground, Basketball court, Tennis Courts, shuffle board, and Volleyball.
The place is a little dated, but kept clean.
Rooms are adequate, but even the largest rooms are very narrow. Staff was outstanding! There was always someone walking around, picking up trash, greeting guests, etc.
Nice patio with 3 gas BBQ grills and plenty of tables and benches. Pools were clean and chlorine level was perfect!
The beach there is outstanding!
Go to Publix (grocery store) and buy the little reclining beach chairs for $10 a piece. Or for $18/day, you can rent the double lounger cabanas.
The rental guy usually goes home about 5 PM, so you can just wait and use them for free.
Cabana bar is nice! Definitely try the Peach-Rasberry Daquiri.
As was previously mentioned, buy some paper plates, paper towels and Plastic cups for the room. Also, buy a couple packages of those cheap plastic hangers at Publix if you bring a lot of hanging clothes. Nice big closet.
Bathroom was adequate, always had hot water. Having the sink and vanity in the hallway was actually a good idea, but a little butt-bumping when someone came through to bedroom.
Beds and Pillows were good. Maid service was good, good bath towels and beach towels provided.
I booked thru Expedia, (air, hotel and car) and that was defintely the best deal by about $300.
The Alden is definitely not the cheapest, and not the most luxurious place around, but we found it very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alden Suites, located directly on St Pete Beach, is an all-suite getaway experience featuring an array of amenities. Nestled against the blue-green waters and white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico you'll find a unique resort that lives up to its inspired surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alden Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Alden Beach Resort And Suites
- Alden Resort
- Alden Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida