Alden Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
  • Pool
Gulf Tides Inn(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Haven(St. Pete Beach)
1,872 results
All reviewscabana barfood truckhot tublanai suitetennis courtspete beachbeach frontcovered parkingshuffle boardpool viewfirst floorcorn holeliving roomfull kitchenpull out sofasmall kitchenettefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2006

The family and I, my wife and boys, age 6 and 9, have never really taken a vaction on our own. So we're thinking, the beach, which my wife loves as do I, and the kids seem interested. We'll I'm afraid to fly and use Amtrak alot, so I have to find a beach vacation that Amtrak goes to. There is really nothing on the eastern seaboard that they service readily. Not Myrtle beach, nor Ocean city, (we're from PA). So I remember as a youngster going to the gulf, Tampa and Clearwater. It has less waves, less crowed and generally clearer water. So we decided on somewhere around Tampa on the ocean. Finally after searching the net, we come up with St Petes beach or the near vicinity. I then started looking for a Hotel. My wife and kids flew, so they beat me there by a day. So I just typed in Google, ST Pete beach hotels. Many came up. The Alden resort was offered as a special package through Wal-Mart travel who my wife works for, but it also included flights and things we didn't want. I looked at many hotels in the area. We also wanted to be near things the kids would like, like boardwalks, and places we could easily walk to. The Aldens website is very well layed out and shows a sketch of the room. We didn't need much, 2 beds, a bath and a kitchenette. The Alden had all this, plus a microwave, toaster, coffeepot, utentils and cookware, plates and a frig, everything you need to save money on eating out for every meal. What a nice layout, while not the largest resort in St. Pete, It had everything you'd need layed out in a well-planned area. We didn't get a gulf-front room, as it was too much money, and was actually farther from the pools and parking lot. The map on Aldens website is really not to scale and it looks like some of the rooms at the beginning of the hotel are FAR away from the gulf, but it's only about 200 yards from any building. As I said, it's not a large resort, just well designed and thoughout. Very clean, we saw the maid daily and she even gave us extra free coffee. The 2 pools on the grounds seem to be recycled sea water, which I'm sure is very common down there, but the're crystal clear and unbelievable clean, also they looked to me to be no older than 2 years old. They had 2 hot tubs, well placed so everyone in the resort could utilize them. Really nothing at all bad to say. Not too many floors so even a 3rd floor room wouldn't have been an inconveinience. I had to fax some papers to work and the front office easily accomodated me . Fantastic place. My wife wants to go back, but theres so many good looking resorts, I think we should just try another one, but she insists that why should we risk getting something else, when we know Alden is great, and you know, she might be right.. Very nice place also if you have young kids.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2006

We have just returned from a really relaxing holiday at the Alden Hotel. We had a Cayman suite which was on the 5th floor overlooking the gulf which had such a great view. We would sit on our balcony and have breakfast every morning and our glass of wine in the evening. The suite was nicely decorated and nice and roomy with a kitchenette and everything you would need for any cooking you might want to do. We ate our main meal out everyday as there are some very good value restaurants nearby including the Village
inn, IHOP for the best steak, Gigi italian, and we would drive up to route 19 and go to the buffet at the Ponderosa or 49th Street north to Kings buffet (both only about $10). The beach at the Alden is glorious - cabanas available and never crowded. Just a stroll out of the hotel and relax. The staff at the hotel were very helpful with directions etc and the room was cleaned every day albeit at different times.

4  Thank JAN53
Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 1, 2006

After just returning from our stay at the Alden, I felt compelled to write a review. Me, my husband and our two daughters (16 & 13 years old) had a very enjoyable stay at the Alden. The resort was beautiful, clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a Cayman suite with a great view of the gulf. The room had a kitchen which was great. It saved us a lot of money since we could have meals in the room instead of eating out everyday. The beach was clean and beautiful. The Alden is very family oriented, as they have a volleyball net, tennis courts, shuffle board, playground for little ones, outdoor grills, swimming pools, hot tubs, and a Cabana bar on the beach for the adults. This was truly the best vacation ever, and we will be returning next year for sure.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed June 28, 2006

We recently returned from a 4-night stay at the Alden and we loved this resort! We have three young children, ages 6, 5, and 3, and we all had a great time. We stayed in the Nassau suites overlooking the pool area, and our room was very clean and well maintained each day. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The kids loved the pool and spa, which were very clean, and it was great to have a playground next to the cabana so the kids could play nearby or sip smoothies with us while we enjoyed a colada and conversation. On the first day, we had a problem with our shower not draining, and when we called the front desk, they sent someone to fix it right away. There are fantastic restaurants all along that stretch of road - one of our favorites was Crabby Bills. We also enjoyed Fort de Soto park and the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. If you go to the Aquarium with kids, make sure they wear a swimsuit because the outdoor water park was awesome!
Overall, the Alden was a wonderful place to stay with kids. It's a perfect blend of a good price and great quality. We were happy just to stay at the resort all day and enjoy the pool, cabana/playground, and the beach.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2006

This resort offers a beautiful view of the Gulf. I recommend a Gulf front room (it's worth the extra money). One tip I can offer is, ask for a room AWAY from the elevator. It is a noisy elevator and will keep you up at night. The rooms are a bit dated, but our room was clean. The cabana bar out on the beach was FABULOUS it had GREAT frozen drinks, but it only stays open until 9pm. The beach was FULL of seashells and if you watch closely you might see dolphins swimming with you (we did :) This resort will give you a wonderful & relaxing vacation. Enjoy!!

4  Thank I_booked_it