“Great Hotel!”

Alden Suites
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed May 21, 2006

Hotel is very clean and close to lots of attractions. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Views from balcony were gorgeous. I would definately stay here again.

Stayed April 2006
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 16, 2006

My friends and I stayed at the Alden Beach from May 1-3, 2006, and we had a wonderful time. We stayed in the Nassau Suite, which was spacious and clean. The patio was a great place to relax, and we used the full kitchen to cook breakfast and dinners. The only complaint was the pullout sofa which was an uncomfortable place to sleep. The Alden Beach Resort is a great place if you're looking for peace and family fun. The Nassau pool was warm and good for sunbathing. The Cabana bar also had the nicest bartender ever! She gave us great tips on where to go in the area, and made an excellent raspberry daiquiri. The beach access was fantastic (we didn't rent cabanas, but used the hotel beach towels instead) and the beach was never overcrowded. The hotel is only 20 minutes from the beautiful Fort De Soto Park (avoid the woman at the concession stand) and there are lots of good restaurants and grocery stores nearby (all within walking distance). Everyone in the hotel was helpful and welcoming, and my friends and I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2006
10 Thank jl2572
Reviewed May 5, 2006

We stayed at the Alden from May 1st to 5th. I pre Emailed my requests prior to arriviing and they did their best to accomidate me. The staff very helpful. The guests that stayed at the resort were also nice people. Quiet family location and kid friendly. You can bring your own drinks at the pool or have some lunch on the beach. DO NOT rent the cabanas, they are not worth the $18.00 USD funds per day. I purchased a beach umbrella from TO and brought it with us and did the job. We ate breakfast and lunch at the resort with food purchased from Publix just down the street and ate out each night. The Greeks should hit Tarpen Springs for some souvlaki and say hello to your fellow folks. Even the non Greeks will enjoy a couple of hours in this mini Greek island. The beauty of staying at St. Pete's beach is you can do your day trips to break up the time. Since you are in the middle of all attractions. The temperature did hit 35 so be prepared. This resort is not for couples or singles in my opinion. If it was just my husband or friends I would hit a higher class hotel but if you are looking for a good clean place for the family, the Alden is the place to be. I read some of the previous bad reviews and have no idea what these people were talking about. No bugs in our room and a great view, pool was clean. You also can not compare Cuba or Mexico to Florida. Even though better beaches its another country. Note we all have our standards I guess. We stayed at the Nassau section over looking the pool which was requested. Free parking and I do stress to rent a car from Dollar, its the cheapest. The best pizza is Gigi's up the street and eat at Skidders, great food.

Stayed May 2006
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2006

I loved Staying at the Alden Beach Resort, I stayed there with my family. Its a very nice and quite place. The rooms are well cleaned, They give you anything you are looking for. The activites were very fun and lots availbale for the family to do. The front desk was very happy to help us figure out how to get around by car and by walking. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. very good for the family no matter what age your kids are. And it close to lots of restaurant and some shopping. But by car you are not far from the malls and more restaurants.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nj
Reviewed April 29, 2006

My family and I just got back from staying at the Alden this afternoon! We drove all theway from New Jersey. I was very happy with this hotel and think you will be too! Our room was so big. It was great for the 4 of us. Loved having a dishwasher! Great beach and the water was warm. Not crowed at all! Weather was wonderful! The kids loved the play area. We checked out at 11am, but stayed for the day and were able to use the guest bathrooms to change and shower. I almost booked the Best Western a few doors down and so glad I stayed at the Alden!!!! So much better!! You must check out Fort De Soto!! Beautiful Beach!! Wish I was still there!!!

Marie

12 Thank sunflr
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed April 20, 2006

Husband & I stayed at the Alden Apr. 3-6 for our anniversary. Although the location was great (right on the beach & close to everything), I can't say much else for this property. Of course, we were there during the height of spring break, so kids of all ages were running screaming everywhere. The room was clean & adequately supplied, and the cabana bar was nice for an afternoon cocktail, but the overall atmosphere was far from "resort". I felt the property seemed a bit cramped. We did not use the pools or hot tub, because they were always crowded with kids. I recommend this place more for the family with kids than for couples. Staff was helpful regarding golfing and restaurant directions.

6 Thank Tigergrl
Reviewed April 19, 2006

When we left for our trip to the Alden Beach Resort in St. Petes for the Easter weekend, we didn't know what to expect. But, we were very pleasantly surprised with the hotel and our room (the Bermuda Suite - we loved the kitchenette and king-size bed).

We are a young couple who love to relax on the beach and aren't so big on drinking and getting rowdy - spring-break style, so this hotel and beach were the perfect mello place for us.

One tip for guests travelling to this resort: If you're flying in to Tampa airport, don't book a shuttle (unless it's for only one person)since they charge per person the same as a cab costs for a car-load (about $46 US) and a cab doesn't have to drop everyone off on the way to the hotel.

Thanks to the front-end staff who were very friendly and helpful (we asked them all kinds of questions about the nearby restaurants, local activities, how to get around, etc).

Ask them about the dolphin cruise (aboard the Dolphin Racer) - it's a blast!

We highly recommend the Alden Beach Resort in St. Petes. It is the perfect place for a quiet getaway!

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member