Alden Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
  • Pool
Gulf Tides Inn(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Haven(St. Pete Beach)
1,874 results
All reviewscabana barfood truckhot tublanai suitetennis courtspete beachbeach frontcovered parkingshuffle boardpool viewfirst floorcorn holeliving roomfull kitchenpull out sofasmall kitchenettefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We enjoyed our few days at Alden Suites. We splurged on a gulf front suite and were glad we did--especially since one day was rainy--so we could still enjoy the view of the beach, swaying palms, and ocean from our sliding glass doors. Travelling with 2 teens, it was great having the separate bedroom and two TVs. The kitchenette was perfect for breakfast and snacks--we stocked up at the Publix less than a mile away. Loved the balcony, the view, the location. This is not a swanky 4-star resort, but a comfortable, cheery, family-friendly place, which is more our style. We would go again.

Room Tip: We were in a gulf-front suite on the 6th floor with a private balcony. Couldn't quite see the sunset from that angle, but otherwise perfect.
1  Thank Jwriter
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

This guests makes an excellent point about Alden Suites: Due to the suite configuration, a family of 4+ can occupy one suite, but still maintain "space" within the two room suites, that include a full size bedroom and a separate living room / kitchen area, versus having to rent two individual rooms at a significant higher combined room rate...plain and simple, best bang for the buck on St Pete Beach!

Thanks for the kind review,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My first time ever writing a review. I had stayed in St Pete's before at other places with my family and was not impressed. Alden resort changed all that: staff was friendly; resort was clean; best pricing; and I will be returning again with my wife and daughter. For price and cleanliest this is the place to stay. We stayed in a pool side room and a gulf suite. Both were great. Thanks Alden staff for a great vacation. P.S. for cabanas see Peter he is awesome. He took great care of us.

Room Tip: Book one of the top three floors for a Gulf front suite.
1  Thank Jeff D
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

We pride ourselves on the "best bang for the buck" on St. Pete Beach and this review validates our pride!

Thanks very much,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I were very impressed with the Alden suites. The room was very clean and very well furnished. It was like a little apartment. The help was fantastic. They even put a small dog pen in the room for our 10 lb maltese which he loved. They had a great happy hour at their outside bar which is right on the edge of a large white sand beach. We are looking forward to staying here again whenever we come to St Petersburg. MonikaFL.

1  Thank MonikaFL
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thanks very much for the kind remarks!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I booked online ,arrived and was not that thrilled with that outside but I figured it was only to sleep so I said what the heck, I was there to drop my daughter off at college,we arrived in a very small room with one small window ,after a 4 hour flight she took a nap and laid down and watched tv ,as I was in bed from the corner of my eye I noticed something HUGE crawling on the bathroom wall, closer look I could tell it was a roach I woke my daughter and Immediately called the front desk and told him what i saw and asked soemone get here fast, of course by the time he got there it was already crawled back to where it came from but believe you me it was the biggest thing I have ever seen, He tried to assure me that it was not a roach,how can he say that have'nt not seen it, I packed my bags and asked for a refund which they finally gave back, I was told you have to accept that because its florida and by the water,, NO I dont have to accept sleeping with roaches , I stayed on the water at another resort with no bugs.. DONT DO IT

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa S
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

This was an unfortunate incident...

This guest checked into one of only 4 regular "rooms", the other 139 being suites. It is a small hotel room and the room rate is very low, due to mostly "walk ins" in these smaller rooms.

WE have excellent pest control service, but in Florida, sometimes palmetto bugs sneak in, but rest assured it is a very infrequent occurrence, and for this guest I apologize. The staff responded immediately, but, just like the guest said, the insect vanished.

This is the first insect remark I have seen in many months....

Reviewed March 14, 2014

visiting this year for the third time from Scotland we know it will be amazing cant wait cabana bar really relaxed tell chris or david they have nothing to remember you will love their company if you don't enjoy your stay you are hard to please

Room Tip: we prefer beach/ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

We love the folks from Scotland!