“Great location; we enjoyed it!”
Review of Alden Suites

Alden Suites
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
St. Paul
“Great location; we enjoyed it!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We enjoyed our few days at Alden Suites. We splurged on a gulf front suite and were glad we did--especially since one day was rainy--so we could still enjoy the view of the beach, swaying palms, and ocean from our sliding glass doors. Travelling with 2 teens, it was great having the separate bedroom and two TVs. The kitchenette was perfect for breakfast and snacks--we stocked up at the Publix less than a mile away. Loved the balcony, the view, the location. This is not a swanky 4-star resort, but a comfortable, cheery, family-friendly place, which is more our style. We would go again.

Room Tip: We were in a gulf-front suite on the 6th floor with a private balcony. Couldn't quite see the su...
1 Thank Jwriter
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
This guests makes an excellent point about Alden Suites: Due to the suite configuration, a family of 4+ can occupy one suite, but still maintain "space" within the two room suites, that include a full size bedroom and a separate living room / kitchen area, versus having to rent two individual rooms at a significant higher combined room rate...plain and simple, best bang for the buck on St Pete Beach!

Thanks for the kind review,

President & part owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
Monmouth, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My first time ever writing a review. I had stayed in St Pete's before at other places with my family and was not impressed. Alden resort changed all that: staff was friendly; resort was clean; best pricing; and I will be returning again with my wife and daughter. For price and cleanliest this is the place to stay. We stayed in a pool side room and a gulf suite. Both were great. Thanks Alden staff for a great vacation. P.S. for cabanas see Peter he is awesome. He took great care of us.

Room Tip: Book one of the top three floors for a Gulf front suite.
1 Thank Jeff D
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We pride ourselves on the "best bang for the buck" on St. Pete Beach and this review validates our pride!

Thanks very much,

Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I were very impressed with the Alden suites. The room was very clean and very well furnished. It was like a little apartment. The help was fantastic. They even put a small dog pen in the room for our 10 lb maltese which he loved. They had a great happy hour at their outside bar which is right on the edge of a large white sand beach. We are looking forward to staying here again whenever we come to St Petersburg. MonikaFL.

1 Thank MonikaFL
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks very much for the kind remarks!

Newton
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I booked online ,arrived and was not that thrilled with that outside but I figured it was only to sleep so I said what the heck, I was there to drop my daughter off at college,we arrived in a very small room with one small window ,after a 4 hour flight she took a nap and laid down and watched tv ,as I was in bed from the corner of my eye I noticed something HUGE crawling on the bathroom wall, closer look I could tell it was a roach I woke my daughter and Immediately called the front desk and told him what i saw and asked soemone get here fast, of course by the time he got there it was already crawled back to where it came from but believe you me it was the biggest thing I have ever seen, He tried to assure me that it was not a roach,how can he say that have'nt not seen it, I packed my bags and asked for a refund which they finally gave back, I was told you have to accept that because its florida and by the water,, NO I dont have to accept sleeping with roaches , I stayed on the water at another resort with no bugs.. DONT DO IT

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa S
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
This was an unfortunate incident...

This guest checked into one of only 4 regular "rooms", the other 139 being suites. It is a small hotel room and the room rate is very low, due to mostly "walk ins" in these smaller rooms.

WE have excellent pest control service, but in Florida, sometimes palmetto bugs sneak in, but rest assured it is a very infrequent occurrence, and for this guest I apologize. The staff responded immediately, but, just like the guest said, the insect vanished.

This is the first insect remark I have seen in many months....

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

visiting this year for the third time from Scotland we know it will be amazing cant wait cabana bar really relaxed tell chris or david they have nothing to remember you will love their company if you don't enjoy your stay you are hard to please

Room Tip: we prefer beach/ocean view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We love the folks from Scotland!

Boston, MA
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from month @ Alden. Extremely friendly and helpful staff beginning with front desk staff, especially Alex Fourie for going that extra mile for us & our friends from Ontario. Kudos to Peggy in reservations; professional and knowledgeable. Ann (housekeeping) diligent and kind.
Looked @ other but still like Alden the best!! Thank you.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank BostonLadies
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thanks you Boston Ladies!

Nice shout out to some of our key employees too

At Your Service,

seabrook nh
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Alden suites, very nice experience .The rooms were very pleasant ,color schemes very relaxing and comfortable.Kitchen are was fully equipped,home away from home.We had a beach front balcony with a spectacular view .Pool areas was very nice as well as the Jacuzzi area .We did wish there was a restaurant on the property,but there were plenty in walking distance.Great experience all around .We used a service called Free Beach Rides They picked us up in front of the hotel,and took us to John' Pass.Great service.You just tip the driver.quick pick up both ways.Stress free lunch and shopping and no driving.Greatest surprise of the trip.

Room Tip: ocean front balcony was fantastic,for relaxing!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank karenlfb
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Glad that your loved the Alden!

2 quick points made in your review:

1) We are in the process of designing some limited food service on property, to compliment the Cabana Beach Bar...should be ready by the end of April.

2) Free Beach Ride is an excellent service in our beach communities and we have a great relationship with the owner of the company...we also highly recommend this FREE taxi service

Thanks for the nice comments,