Just got back from St pete beach and it was great. I have been going to this beach every couple of years for 43 years, first 20 with my parents and grandparents and 23 solo and now my wife and kids. I always come back because I know what I will be getting. I can't speak about every room since we always stay in the premium gulf front suites. The room has always been clean, modern, and the view has been tops. When I was younger we stayed a few times at Shafts/ sandpiper, and now guy harveys, and could not remember views like this. The only down fall to the view would be that monstrosity of a slide at the Tradewinds. They do deflate it at 5 everyday, but the kids all around love it, I just look the other way. I have read a few reviews complaining about the room and just don't get it. Its clean, modern, comes with a small kitchen with stove, fridge, micr and dishwasher. Plus I believe they are around 500 sqft. I did stay at the Tradewinds once in the past and you will pay over $300 a night for an ocean/big slide view a night, plus a huge resort fee. I am not sure how long the current owners have owned this property but it is evident how much pride and money they put into it. I can go on but their website is pretty accurate. If I had to find one negative thing to say about the Alden it would be the very rude guy working in the hut on the beach. We tried using the cabanas out on the beach( not part of the hotel, privately owned) and this man came over and said $50 bucks. No hello or an explanation about the chairs, just $50 bucks ($25 a piece). So I went up and got the money to pay him for the chairs. A few hours later the lady next to me told me she paid $5 bucks for a few hours. So I went to investigate it and the guy told me if I don't like it take a hike( again, this guy does not work for the hotel). So the point of this story is do not use them, go across the street get an umbrella and a couple chairs. Thanks to the owners, keep up the good work. Will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alden Suites, located directly on St Pete Beach, is an all-suite getaway experience featuring an array of amenities. Nestled against the blue-green waters and white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico you'll find a unique resort that lives up to its inspired surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Alden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alden Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Alden Beach Resort And Suites
- Alden Resort
- Alden Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida