Positives: Great beach! Gulf front rooms have great views and most have balconies. Nice area to hang out outside- lawn chair area, pool area, beach bar area, and cornhole game area. Very good staff to check you in and out. Store onsite for 'grab and go' stuff. Variety of types of rooms. Not ridiculous in price. Fairly spacious rooms available for reasonable. They have good sized kitchenettes with a full fridge (in at least the room we stayed- the Barbados I think it was called). This kitchen had a toaster, microwave, (single use) coffeemaker, small 4 burner stove, dishwasher (and they supplied soap for it), a kitchen sink, dishes, pots and pans, cups and glassware, a medium sized bowl, utensils, a can opener (that did not have the capacity to open beer bottles), and towels, etc.
Negatives: Our bathroom needed a bit of work. It seemed clean. However, the tile in the shower/tub had a lot of mildew as did the grout on the floor of the bathroom. Mildew stains that is- it did seem clean. The tub was old. The bathroom was older and cave like in our room. I have been in other rooms in this hotel and the bathrooms in those rooms were updated and nice. I'm not sure why this one was not. They had the singled cup coffee makers and gave us 1 coffee per person. So, we were able to have 1 cup only in our room per person. I brought our own coffee so we could make extra but you couldn't do that with this type of coffee maker. But, we walked down to the lobby and got more coffee- they have a single use one there too. Those coffees are just not as good as brewing a pot of coffee. Our room was on the ground floor. I thought it'd be great for easy access to the beach. Well, they have glass doors that cannot be locked from the outside. So, when we went on the beach, we had to go around the front anyway. Also, our room did not have any chairs or space to sit outside - no patio. Some do. But, you are sitting right outside on the ground floor. To me, I'd rather be up a floor or two, with a better view and a balcony with a couple of chairs to sit out on. Plus, our room, being on the ground floor had a good amount of people walking by our room. It was noisy. People did not seem to consider that there might be people sleeping at 6am right on the other side of the window and door they were walking by. There were people walking by and loudly talking until about 1am and then starting up again at about 6am. The elevator was not loud. But, as many take it, we had more people walking by for that reason. So, a higher level would cut down on the # of people walking by and talking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alden Suites, located directly on St Pete Beach, is an all-suite getaway experience featuring an array of amenities. Nestled against the blue-green waters and white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico you'll find a unique resort that lives up to its inspired surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alden Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Alden Beach Resort And Suites
- Alden Resort
- Alden Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida