Alden Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
  • Pool
Gulf Tides Inn(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Haven(St. Pete Beach)
1,874 results
All reviewscabana barfood truckhot tublanai suitetennis courtspete beachbeach frontcovered parkingshuffle boardpool viewfirst floorcorn holeliving roomfull kitchenpull out sofasmall kitchenettefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I spent two nights at Alden Suites. We arrived several hours early so our room wasn't ready. The desk clerk had us register and said our room would be moved to the top of the priority list for cleaning and he would call when it was ready. We went to lunch, and he called 40 minutes later to say we could check in. Very impressive service!
Our room, which faced the hot tub, was pretty basic but very clean. It included plenty of towels and pillows, and the kitchen had everything we needed for a couple of breakfasts and snacks. We also enjoyed having a small sofa and eating area.
We used the hot tub and the larger pool. Both days we were able to find lounge chairs by the pool, and there was always space for us in the hot tub.
We were most impressed with the friendliness and politeness of everyone we met--not only the front desk personnel, housekeepers, and maintenance men but also the other guests! We had many nice conversations with people around the pool and in the hot tub, and everyone we spoke with seemed very satisfied with the resort.
Free parking and no extra fees were also big pluses for us!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Lilosa
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Very nice comments about our staff! (and other guests) We have so many repeat guests that have become lifelong friends...over 30-40 years in some cases!

We pride ourselves on first class customer service and not "nickel and diming" our guests with fees for everything...i.e NO RESORT FEES at Alden Suites!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a very nice stay here. This is an older resort. They have done a good job of making upgrades to the rooms without making them overstated or obviously out of place. The grounds and gardens were pretty and well maintained, as were the three pool areas. The pools were all heated – nice when it was too cold to swim in the Gulf. This hotel doesn’t have a full restaurant on site (there are plenty within walking distance), only a beach bar (with fire pits!) that is open in the evenings. There are plenty of lounge chairs around the property, but the ones on the actual beach have to be rented. Our well-appointed suite had a postcard-beautiful view of the Gulf. It was so nice to sit on the balcony (or lawn, or beach...) and do absolutely nothing. Employees were all very friendly and were kind enough to let us check in early. Our only issue was that they didn't have free wifi...?? At $350/night, I kind of thought that would be included! Otherwise, we had a wonderfully relaxing stay and wished we didn't have to come home.

Room Tip: Get a Gulf-front room! I can't say it is worth the extra $100/night, but it sure is nice!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beentheredonethat777
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thanks for the nice review!

P.S. Free WIFI is coming in May 2013, when our 3rd party contract expires with the compnay currently provided the WIFI service

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Nice beach location, nice pools and a new hottub all 3 are spaced out in different parts of the courtyard. Lots of sitting areas. Vollyball net right on beach infront of hotel, hot dog vendor by the outside bar area. Big laundry room. It was just the spring breakers that ruined the stay for us. We have 3 kids and the spring breakers partied all night. During the day they were on the beach in large groups, or in the hot tub, which was fine with me. I took my son to the hot tub anyway and they were no trouble, just never picked up their beer cans. Management did a good job at keeping the property clean. Even sent security to the loud room on our floor when I called front desk. Wich was 2 nights out of the 4 we stayed. I would stay there again but not on March Break. Also we rented a beach loungers for $20/day, perfect idea when u need some shade and holds all your beach items. ONE major upset was no free wifi....I havent seen that in ages...It was $6 for 5 hrs I think, So for checking our emails we went to Publix and Mc Donalds. We have a business so we had to check emails daily. Kids were pretty mad about that. BUT it kept the kids off the ipads for a bit.

Room Tip: No free wifi...pools are nice and so is the hot tub...looks brand new. Lovely gardens all around.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jenfromCanada17
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thanks so much for the nice review...

Regarding:

1) Spring Break noise: We normally do not attract or cater to the college aged spring breakers, and we are going to raise the minimum age to 25, from the current 21, for those not staying with parents. There was one group this year that liked to party well into the night (off property) but when they returned to the hotel, they tended to be a bit loud, and our Security staff were right on top of it, within minutes.
2) Free WIFI is coming soon (May) as soon as our 3rd party contract expires
3) The beach cabanas are owned by a 3rd party as well, but their rental rates are competitive with the other beach cabana rentals up and down St Pete Beach

Thanks again, and please come back next year!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned fro 18 days at the Alden! Been there the last two years with girlfriends but this year I went with my husband to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary! Had a wonderful time there, each year I stay a little longer. The staff are all so friendly, and everything is clean and well maintained! I did find some confusion this year with my checkins and outs, may be new staff, not sure about that. I wanted to be near friends that were at the resort and was told they hadn't booked, and they had been there for three days! They seems to have some issues there but nothing serious!
Again this year they have their guest appreciation evening, which is a big success and we got to meet some very nice people!
I can't wait to go back again! I love the oceanfront suites and although a little pricey, it is worth it. This year they had added a new hot tub area and have done a beautiful job with it! If I had to make any suggestions, it would be to offer one week and two week rates! Also, I would suggest offering free wifi! That is usually a given at most resorts!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront is my choice, can see the whole beach!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FancyNancy56
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thanks for the very kind comments, we appreciate the time it takes to compose a review.

Free WIFI is coming soon, as soon as our 3rd party contract expires in May 2013

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have stayed at the Alden several years ago and had a good experience. This time we were disappointed with the staff. We had a drunk man banging on our door and window for over two hours. We called security 4 times and it took them two hours to get up there. Security did escort the man off the property and we learned he was not even a hotel guest. With it just being my sister and I and our sleeping children we were very afraid during the rodeal. We taked to the manager the next day and he was not helpful. He first offered us a $25 gift certificate to the gift shop then $25 off the room bringing the total down to $200 for the night. When you are paying $200 or more a night you would expect a prompt response from security. In hindsight we should have called the police when security did not come. We kept being told by the front desk that they would be there any minute. Bottom line we didn't feel safe here. And the hotel was very aware of the situation and only offered a lousy $25 off.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie1Springfield
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered with a "drunk non-guest" making noise outside your suite. We have full time security on property and we have looked into why it took so long for a response during your stay with us, and the only excuse is that the security guard was not doing a good job than night and was very busy. We have since hired new Security personnel. This was not acceptable and will not happen again.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology,