Alden Suites
Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$152
$143
$224
$206
Travelocity
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
$245
$225
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$173
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$263
$209
  • Pool
Coconut Inn(St. Pete Beach)
$180
Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
$363
$297
  • Pool
$329
$289
Blind Pass Resort-Motel(St. Pete Beach)
$89
$86
Hotels.com
1,874 results
All reviewscabana barfood truckhot tublanai suitetennis courtspete beachbeach frontcovered parkingshuffle boardpool viewfirst floorcorn holeliving roomfull kitchenpull out sofasmall kitchenettefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have stayed at the Alden several years ago and had a good experience. This time we were disappointed with the staff. We had a drunk man banging on our door and window for over two hours. We called security 4 times and it took them two hours to get up there. Security did escort the man off the property and we learned he was not even a hotel guest. With it just being my sister and I and our sleeping children we were very afraid during the rodeal. We taked to the manager the next day and he was not helpful. He first offered us a $25 gift certificate to the gift shop then $25 off the room bringing the total down to $200 for the night. When you are paying $200 or more a night you would expect a prompt response from security. In hindsight we should have called the police when security did not come. We kept being told by the front desk that they would be there any minute. Bottom line we didn't feel safe here. And the hotel was very aware of the situation and only offered a lousy $25 off.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie1Springfield
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered with a "drunk non-guest" making noise outside your suite. We have full time security on property and we have looked into why it took so long for a response during your stay with us, and the only excuse is that the security guard was not doing a good job than night and was very busy. We have since hired new Security personnel. This was not acceptable and will not happen again.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Older Hotel with everything you would want in a vacation spot. Two pools that were cleaned daily. Plenty of things for the kids to do. But the best part of the hotel is that it's right on the beach. The rooms are average with daily maid service provided by a very friendly people. I must say that everyone working at the hotel were friendly and very helpful. I would stay again, but next time I would get a room that looked out onto the beach. I wish they had a fitness center at the hotel rather than having to go do the road to a fitness center.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank john p
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thanks for the review....we pride ourselves on the professional, friendly staff on property.

We used to have very small fitness center, that never got used, so we opted to provide FREE guest access to Fit For Life, a full service fitness center just 1/2 mile north of the hotel. It may be a bit inconvenient, but the flip side is that you get free use of a full service fitness center that is better than any local hotel fitness center on St. Pete Beach!

Thanks again,

President and part owner

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Spent four nights in a suite, the staff were great, the place was imaculate , clean towels and toiletries every day
you could quite happily stay there for a few months if you wanted
It has nice gardens straight onto the beach and the beach bar is friendly but not noisy.
complimentary coffees at reception .

will certainly want to stay there again

Room Tip: the suites were great value for money
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariaz856
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments....our all suite configuration makes the Alden perfect for longer term and more comfortable stays, with the full kitchens in most suites, separate bedroom from living areas, makes it feel more like a small apartment or condo, not just a tiny little "room" like you see at most other beach hotels

At Your Service,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Alden Resort and I am very glad that I did. I was in Florida on business and also relaxation with my wife and daughter. We arrived at the hotel after 9pm on a Monday night and the front desk staff were great to work with. We had a room that overlooked one of the pools.The room was spotless as well as the grounds to the resort. The staff at the Alden were very friendly, very helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. They have a reception on Tuesday afternoons that shouldn't be missed. "Grace" was there hosting the event as well as other staff members. The owner (Gary) was also there mingling with the guests. I told him how impressed I was with the staff and their friendliness towards the guests. Grace was very kind to our daughter and we were much appreciative. Mike E. was working the front desk and I had a chance to speak with him. He told me that he has been working there for quite some time and told me that one of their requirements was that you have to be "person" friendly. He was a great help throughout our vacation and certainly fits the role of being "person" friendly. The maid service was remarkable. The rooms were very clean and we always received a "hello" from all of them. I am looking forward to staying there in the future. I highly recommend the Alden Resort and Suites.

Bill Barry

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 315billb
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Wow! Thanks so much for the very kind review!

Excellent customer service can go along way and we do our very best to insure that...

The Tuesday afternoon Reception at the Cabana Beach Bar is a great way for all our guests and employees to mingle and to get to know everyone that much better, like part of the Alden "family"

We only do the Receptions during Feb and early March every year, when the hotel is very full with Bus Tour groups.

Again, thanks for taking the time to compose your review Mr.Barry

At Your Service,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

A family-owned property located directly on the Gulf. Already booked for
2014 but I will miss seeing Chris Larson at the front desk, who showed me
other suites on the property, suggested various restaurants, and many,
many other interesting spots to visit in the area. His customer service skills are outstanding. He was the reason I returned in 2013. Staff is always helpful including Alex Fourie at the front desk and Peggy in reservations. The cabana bar is fun and folks very friendly. For a single "mature" woman, I felt very safe and comfortable.
Doesn't get much better than that.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank BostonLadies
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thanks for the kind remarks about the staff, we appreciate it very much!