First, I would say that I was a resident of Pinellas County for over 30 years and came back to visit over the holidays. We arrived on Christmas night after flying the entire day. The guy who checked us in was very nice and helpful. He gave us our room keys and we were on our way. Yes, this property is dated. However, it is clean and in a great location and staff is friendly. We travel with our 5 pound yorkie so this makes it a perfect place for us. The rooms for pets are on the lower level pool side. With great lush grass right outside your door. It is very convenient. We were also very happy that the room had an oven because we arrived on Christmas nothing was open but 7eleven where we picked up a frozen pizza. This property is undergoing renovation as they are installing a 15 person hot tub which will be beautiful when it is done. The laundry was convenient and worked great, the front desk gave us quarters. There is also a little store where you can get snacks and drinks. The parking here is also free and no resort fees. It is next to another large hotel that charges for both of these things. I am looking for comfortable and clean not a five star hotel as the rates are reasonable at this hotel. The one thing that I would say that I didn't like is that the hotel maids start early and the carts rolling around are loud and they are loud as well. They may forget that people are sleeping while they are working. Also, place your do not disturb sign on your door and don't forget to take it off if you want your room serviced. As we did this, we went to the front desk and they came right over to service our room. The other thing is there is a restaurant next door called the Toasted Monkey and they have some really good food. The shrimp wrap was great and my husband loved the fish sandwich. They have a tiki bar in the back that is nice too. Overall, I would make this a destination for myself and my family the next time I travel home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alden Suites, located directly on St Pete Beach, is an all-suite getaway experience featuring an array of amenities. Nestled against the blue-green waters and white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico you'll find a unique resort that lives up to its inspired surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Alden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alden Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Alden Beach Resort And Suites
- Alden Resort
- Alden Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida