“Perfect Location !!”
Review of Alden Suites

Alden Suites
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed at the Alden Beach Resort to attend and participate in a friend's wedding at the Trade Winds (next door). The Alden's location was perfect but the cost of the 2 1/2 day stay was my primary attraction and perfect for my budget. The accomdations were superb. My past experiences with beach hotels in St. Pete have not always been pleasant or as worthy of writing a reveiw as my stay at he Alden Resort. The suite was beautifully decorated and clean. The furnishings were comfortable and not worn or tattered. My accomodation next to pool were exquisite. The well landscaped grounds were a nice touch for such a quaint hotel. I definitely plan to recommend to others as well as pay another visit.

Room Tip: Parking for the suites were superb and convenient.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Roberto B

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed at the Alden Beach Resort for 5 days. I did my homework so I knew about the pool side renovated room. My reservation was done with expedia and I got a rate of $65/night. The check in was fine, the girl was not friendly but not rude.

There are 2 swimming pools and the beach is beautiful, we had a great time. The resort over all is old but clean and the renovated room was fantastic.

It is my 3rd time at St Pete Beach and on my previous time at different resorts they always allowed me to leave at noon even though the check out is @ 11 am, at Alden they are not flexible at all, you will have to leave @ 11am but you can use the facilities for the day. The internet is NOT free like other resorts.

For the rate I got I will definitely stay there again but I would not pay more.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cpi_11
Reviewed October 10, 2011

From the minute i arrived the staff and mgmt were helpful, cordial, answered all of my questions and provided me with a wonderful experience, this rating would have been five star EXCEPT that through no fault a guest of questionable morals decided to hang out all day at the pool...... very creepy...

Great place to unwind and relax

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MANNY P
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We've stayed at the Alden in the past,,but hadn't been there in a few years,,it hasn't changed much and is still 1 of the best places to stay while in St.Petes.The staff are very helpful and accommodating,the rooms are nice and clean,the maid service was good also.
On our next trip to the area we will deffinately be checking out the Alden again.
Ohhh 1 little problem ,might be the weekend crowds,,from weddings or other types of parties/affairs,,they can tend to be alittle noisy /rowdy.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank newf-couple c
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Overall the hotel is spotless throughout,the staff very helpful & friendly.The beachfront location is great,the suites are fine for 2 but it would be very cramped for 4,the walls must be paper thin as you can hear everything your neighbours are doing(I mean everything!)but the bathrooms really need to be updated,then there's the weekends when the place gets taken over by loudmouth drunks,who think it's ok to run around shouting,swearing etc.till the sun comes up.Although this was the same at the hotel next door,and this really spoilt our holiday.

Room Tip: pay extra for a beach view room,its worth it for the sunsets alone
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gasmanGuy
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The few positives:
* When I asked the receptionist for a seafood restaurant recommendation she was very helpful. She even printed out the menus and addresses of several local places.
* There are no "resort fees" like many other hotels charge and the parking was free.
* The location is very nice. We were able to step out of our first floor room and be right on the beach.
* The gas grills are free to use, but unfortunately many people are inconsiderate slobs and don't clean up after themselves...leaving chunks of burnt food behind for others.
* The flowers and trees along the walkways are lovely.

The negatives which far out way the positives:
* Whirlpool had a ring of scum around it
* Maintenance man came in our room while we were making dinner to change the air conditioner filter. It took at least 15 minutes.
* I walked around on the carpeting in my white socks one evening and they turned black by the time I went to bed.
* The ice machine nearest to our room was filthy, had a big hole in it, and didn't work. The stairwell that it was in was also disgusting.
* The hotel uses recycled water in their pools. Whatever you do, don't drink the pool water.
* The door lock was loose and needs to be replaced.
* The walls of the hotel room must be paper thin because the noise outside our door on a Saturday night was unbearable. People coming and going, walking, talking, screaming. We heard it all...ALL NIGHT LONG!
* The Internet service is not free.
* The bedroom was dark.

Overall the Alden has nice amenities but is very dirty. Don't be deceived by the beautiful pictures which are taken from a distance..

Room Tip: Go to the Doubletree in North Redington Beach instead.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dvbassist
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This was my second stay at the resort. I left important documents in my room that would have been impossible to replace. A diploma, old photos, etc. The hotel tracked me down, no easy feat and asked me if I wanted them shipped. I was really impressed. They were sitting loose on top of the tv and could have been pitched by housekeeping. The housekeeper who cared enough to turn in these items is a valuable employee!

• Stayed: May 2011