Alden Suites
Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$152
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
$245
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$173
Coconut Inn(St. Pete Beach)
$180
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$159
Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
$319
$254
  • Pool
$349
$309
Blind Pass Resort-Motel(St. Pete Beach)
$89
$86
Miramar Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
$197
TripAdvisor
1,879 results
All reviewscabana barfood truckhot tublanai suitetennis courtspete beachbeach frontcovered parkingshuffle boardpool viewfirst floorcorn holeliving roomfull kitchenpull out sofasmall kitchenettefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I had an ocean front suite for the same price my friend paid for a regular room at Trade Winds Island Grand. The room was dated. Some rooms had flat screen tv's, but my room had regular tv's. It's nothing fancy on the inside, but you can not beat it for the price. I was happy to sacrifice the inside amenities for the bargain of being able to sit on my balcony and watch the gulf. The staff also seemed to be friendly, and the hotel is in a great location that allows you to access a lot of attractions and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel if you are going to be out as opposed to spending a lot of your time in your room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We planned a 3 night vacation and had reserved the nights. The rate we were given was discounted due to having stayed on a prior occasion. We stayed 2 nights then the weather turned poor & asked if we could check out 1 day early without getting penalized for a full night stay. Chris @ the front desk said "no" then hung up the phone so fast I could barely reply. We could have stayed 2 nights paying full price for much cheaper than we had to end up paying for "booking a deal".

We stayed in an oceanfront room that had an adjoining door to the room next door and you could hear conversations easily. I would suggest that you request a room without one. Also there was a very loud BANG from the air conditioner closet whenever the air stopped running, it was enough to wake you up.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TMS1984
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I've been here a couple of times and will return again for the great beachfront location. Beachfront rooms are larger with oceanfront balconies. Poolside rooms have an odd layout and a shared balcony (with ALL your neighbors) in front of the door. Great if there's a bunch of you and you want to party together; not so great if you're a couple preferring privacy. Really nice gas BBQ area if you feel like making dinner, but there are decent restaurants in walking distance. You must go to Beverly's La Croissant (about a mile North?) for breakfast. Concierge is very helpful; tennis courts are an added bonus. Yes they won't let your guests park there, but their parking lot gets FULL when the hotel is full so the rule makes sense.

Room Tip: Beachfront is better
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed on the 22nd and 23rd checked out the next day.Loved the room,the staff were friendly and check-in was quick.The room was nice and clean,with a little kitchen stocked with Plates ,glasses,etc.a mini-fridge and a flat screen TV wall mounted that swiveled so you could see from kitchen or bed. It was the Bermuda suites,I think.Overlooked 2 pools and a hot tub,which were well kept.Great location with several good restaurants very close. It's my new hotel for beach escapes, and I can't wait to go back.

Thanks to Amy for your help!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Gerald S
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thaks for the kind comments...the "Bermuda Suites" were totally renovated just 10 months ago (Fall of 2010) and they are the "best bang for the buck" anywhere on St.Pete Beach...we pride ourselves on offering suites (with kitchens) for the same price or even LESS than the local competitive supply of beach hotels that offer regular rooms, not SUITES...I am pleased to hear that the Alden is your new "beach escape" hotel...

Gary Renfrow, President and part owner

Reviewed August 23, 2011

To start, don't expect anything fancy at this hotel. It is old, and the decor is outdated. It reminded me of hotels I stayed in when I traveled with my parents in the 50's and 60's. It even has blond furniture. The rooms are decorated in a beach theme. Nothing is particularly tasteful. It's still a great place to stay!

If you planning a beach vacation with your spouse and or your children, this hotel is perfect. Of all the hotels I saw on the beach, this one seems to have the best beach access. Definately upgrade to a gulf view room. You'll have a balcony with the sand almost right beneath you. If you can get a first floor room, you'll walk right out onto the beach. There is a nice grass area between the sand and the hotel, but that's all. Our room type was "Room Type - ROH Gulf Front 1BSte " which is what I would request unless you need a big kitchen. Some suites have a large kitchen, but we just had a little kitchenette. We had a bedroom with two queen beds, a bath, then a hall way leading to a living room where the balcony and the beach view are. The hall way is where the kitchenette is - all on one wall - cabinets stocked with dishes, silverware, pots and pans, etc., a stove top, an oven, a sink, a microwave, a toaster, and a coffee maker. It's small but adequate. If you want a bigger kitchen, you probably can't be on the gulf side. I liked our area because we had the ocean view out the living room, and the bedroom is on the pool side. The swimming pool is right there - so handy, and it's a nice, heated pool. Also the barbecue area, one of the hot tubs, and the laundry facility are very close by. Our room was clean. We really had no complaints at all. If we return to St. Pete's Beach, we will stay there again. A note about the beach: The sand is nice, white sand. The water is very calm - more like swimming in a bay because there are no real waves or swells, which is nice and safe for children. You're an hour away from Siesta Key Beach, which is the best beach in Florida, and at that beach, there are small waves and nice swells to swim in. There is no life guard at this hotel's beach. The hotel gives you some beach towels, but if you want a chair or umbrella, you have to rent them or go buy them at one of the beach stores on the Boulevard. This hotel is convenient to beach stores, restaurants, CVS, and a Publix grocery store.

Room Tip: Request a gulf view room - preferably ROH Gulf Front.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy2445

I am glad this guest "liked our hotel"...We complete major renovations every year and the Lanai Suites will be totally renovated this fall. "ROH" is not a suite type, it means "Run of the House" and this guest was in one of the Lanai suites, which were last renovated in 2004, but again, will be TOTALLY renovated this fall...all new furniture, 2 new thin screen TV's, new carpeting, soft goods,etc...

Please come back next year and stay in one of the fully renovated Gulf front Lanai Suites!

Thanks again, Gary Renfrow, President and part owner