“Good bread and pastry”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Good bread and pastry”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Great pastry, great bread, but the young girl behind the counter had a sour look and acted like we were bothering her.. Real attitude..makes me never want to go back.. This was our first time there!

2 Thank Irene L

Greenville, South Carolina
“Been searching 6 years for this”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have searched the southeast United States for a REAL Italian market for 6 years - this is it! The wonderful food, pastries, coffee, sandwiches and sold goods are the ones I had during an extensive tour of Italy 6 years ago. Everything is amazing!!! Had a friend with me who is unfamiliar with the culture and has never been, but says he wont eat pizza for months because none can compare to La Casa del Pane's. They do have their regulars who they love to dote over, but just make an effort to be nice to them - and revisit - and you will be family, too! We became "regulars" on our second visit and the sweet owners said they'd miss us by the time we left. They are wonderful. They are moving in April down Gulf Blvd as others have mentioned, can't wait to get back and visit them!

1 Thank blondesailor
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Great bread and coffee”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Casa Del Pane is really only one of two places in Pinellas County to get good bread. It's either Mazzaros, over on 22nd North, or Casa Del Pane. Luckily I live about three blocks away so whenever I need some crusty bread I head on over. Pricey but reccomended.

1 Thank virgiematt
Rome, Italy
“THE BEST IN FLORIDA”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I really like to say something about this place not in Italian but in English cause everybody should know how wonderful was my experience with my friends Kristen and Trent at the Casa del Pane. The first thing really impressed me was the bread and the look of this place, I can tell that it's 100% same quality of bread and all bakery just as like in Italy, Altamura bread it's the Italian symbol of quality and this one tasted a week ago was really the same exactly taste of the one I usually buy in Italy. But also: mozzarella handmade, pasta and coffee, marmalade and Panettone (the Christmas cake) croissants and cappuccino and more and more. Cause of my dieting I asked "bresaola" that is a kind of meat we eat very much in Italy 100% light and they prepared me a dish with the Bresaola with the best extra vergine olive oil and ur cola with parmigiano cheese....delicious !!!! Anna and Gianni the Owners, Giuliana and the beautiful Maddalena welcomed me as a friend and left me as a part of the family, just because I've enjoyed my breakfast everyday at the Casa del Pane, too much food and too good. Loved this people !! They will open a bigger place on April 2014, I can't miss it !!!!

1 Thank mandrake2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good local coffee and bakery”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Worth a stop. Had above average coffee and bakery amongst a sea of marginal beach places. It a small odd place. The bakery and coffee are off to one side and there a counter with about ten stools filled with regulars who joke and know each other. One other inside table. But don't let that stop you if you crave coffee and a pastry.

Visited November 2013