“Wonderful!”

Larry's Olde Fashioned Ice Cream & Gelato
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Larry's Ice Cream & Gelatos is a family owned and operated ice cream parlor established on ST.Pete Beach in 1984. We are known for our homemade waffle cones , premium ice cream, and authentic Gelato in an olde fashioned parlor atmosphere. We offer glutten free and dairy free items. Larry's is famous for serving a delectable array of fresh gourmet pastries, ice cream sundaes, Crepe & Belgian waffle sundaes , and olde fashioned milkshakes, and more. From the smell of freshly made waffle cones invigorating the air, to the hot fudge sundaes with a cherry on top- Larry's Olde Fashioned Ice Cream & Gelatos brings back the ambiance and nostalgia of a true ice cream parlor. - Over 80 flavors of Ice cream - Over 30 flavors of 94% fat free all natural Gelato - Over 20 choice of ice cream toppings - Sundaes, specialty sundaes,& Parfaits - Soft serve olde fashioned custard available in 20 flavors (90% fat free), Low-fat frozen yogurt available in 20 flavors (97%fat-free), Homemade pastries & cakes - Hot dogs, burgers, pizza , sandwiches & more. Larry's also makes fresh Mini Donuts with over 30 different varieties. We sell our donuts in all different packs sizes ranging from a 3pack to a 35 pack . We also make our donuts for any special occasion or event . .
Reviewed April 21, 2011

As soon as you walk in you get a wonderful whiff of homemade waffle cones. Yum! Ice cream flavors galore! Hard to choose. Ice cream had lots of chunks in it, so if u order the peanut butter cup, u will get lots of chunks of peanut butter. Great place!

There are newer reviews for Larry's Olde Fashioned Ice Cream & Gelato

Reviewed March 19, 2011

Mmmmmmmmm. Ice cream, warm, homemade brownies, fudge, whipped cream, and a springling of crushed peanuts, Yummmmm. This is just one of the many sensations I get when I think about going to Larry's We go there everytime we are in Florida. Always a line up, though service is faaaaaaasssttt!

1  Thank LawrenceMarzari
Reviewed August 17, 2010

First, the ice cream was divine. Very rich and tasty. Unfortunately, we got very little to taste. Honestly the chintziest we've been treated ever. They charged us a premium price, too. Although the menu showed the sundae my husband ordered to be quite large and delivered in a waffle cone bowl, they served it to him in a styro cup. Although the cup was portioned nearly the size of the display waffle bowl, there was barely a dribble of ice cream inside. The clerk actually bragged to us she had fixed it for us so that the ice cream and teaspoon of whipped cream did not touch the sides or lid of the container anywhere, seeming to believe this was somehow a favor. Whereas my local ice cream place puts a tiny bit in the bottom of the waffle cone, then gives us two generous scoops, they gave my first scoop of two as a dribble in the bottom of the waffle cone, not more than a tablespoon and a half, and the second scoop could not have been greater than two tablespoons. The ice cream did not even show above the top of the waffle cone. The other clerk made my daughter's, and she received a more normal amount of ice cream from this other clerk. We overheard the first clerk reprimanding her about her quantities as we left. They charged us a hefty hefty sum, too, $20 for a sundae, two two-scoop cones, and one strawberry sliced into my daughter's two-scoop cone. I should have known something was afoot when I saw their price for a two scoop waffle cone, which was twice what my local hand made ice cream joint charges. Also disappointed for that price the waffle cones weren't freshly made while we waited as they are where we live, although reviews we'd read spoke of the fresh waffle cones.

1  Thank TravelinGert
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Larry's has the best ice cream ever. My girlfriend and I always stop here when we are in the area. They have over 80 flavors of ice cream, and at least 25 flavors of gelato to choose from. I always get their homemade waffle cone special with gelato. They have the best tasting gelato. My girlfriend had the brownie bottom sundae. It tasted delicious. You could tell that the brownie was even homemade . It is family owned. Larrys always smells of homemade waffles when you enter the front door. The staff is always friendly and courteous . This place is not to be missed on your visit to St. Pete beach.

1  Thank Teddy678
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My friends back home told me to visit Larry's ice Cream while I vacationed on St. Pete Beach. They have the best ice cream. When you first walk inside Larry's , you can smell the homemade waffles cones being made. I had their homemade free waffle cone special with their Italian gelato flavors Tiramsui and Italian Pistachio. They have the best gelato around. It was so hard to decide on the flavors . They have over 100 flavors . The staff is very helpful and friendly. They go out of their way and suggest many menu items. My mother got a Turtle sundae which looked wonderful. My father got a peanut butter supreme which looked yummy as well. We were on vacation for a week and returned every night for ice cream. My last night I decided to try their famous apple pie ala mode . It was the best pie I ever had . I will defintely return to Larrys when I come back to St. Pete Beach. The owners and staff were always friendly and made you feel at home.

1  Thank Marydilonardo