“Great Price...great location!”

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Findlay
“Great Price...great location!”
Reviewed March 10, 2010

This is the second year that I have stayed at this hotel during my business travel. The hotel is located on the beach, two pools, a beach bar and an indoor bar that is very convenient for guests. I have been upgraded both visits to a room with a kitchen that is very beneficial when staying for a week. Beds were very comfortable. The bathroom area is very small, but doable. The employees of the hotel are very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely continue to stay at this hotel and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Finnish first
Upper michigan
Reviewed March 7, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times before, when it was the Best Western Beachfront Resort, and returned after 5 years for the last time. It is time to do some updating and just plain old renovating. I think they are in the process but our beachfront efficiency has not been updated. "Beachfront efficiency" means you have a sink, microwave and small fridge. Nothing to pay that much extra for besides the view.
First, after about 22 hours in the car, we couldn't get into our room. The keycard didn't work. My husband went to the front desk 2 times to get them reprogrammed. They finally called maintenance who very kindly changed the batteries in the door. The maintenance man, very nice, helped bring all of our bags into the room and I thought that was very nice.
The carpet is very very dirty, my 3 year old son's brand new white socks were black from the carpet and one night I had to wash his bare feet before bed because they were black with dirt.
The Jimmy's Beach Bar is loud, everynight! The fiday night we were there, there was a fight in the bar.
The walls are so thin I could hear the man in the next room snoring.
The bathroom..... well that's just disgusting. I almost gagged while brushing my teeth when I saw what was growing in the sink overflow. Next to the tub, between the vanity and tub, on the floor in the corner was black with dirt. There's also mold growing on the walls in the bathroom. I should have taken pictures, thought about it but didn't.
Don't let the pics on the web page fool you, it's not a typical room.
The hotel staff is nice and very friendly but they kept telling us we had one of their best rooms. Maybe for the view but eeeesh..... I'd hate to see the worst room.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank akatracen
Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Friendly and knowlegdable staff. Great bartender and waitresses. Super entertainment and clean rooms and would highly recommend to my friends and family for their next vacation. I would definately come back to St. Pete beach and stay at the Beachcomber.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Southport UK
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This hotel is in agreat location backing onto St.Pete's beach with its snow white sand, that steaches for a couple of miles. It has a bar on the beach were there is a live singer most nights (Jazz/soul). The staff are friendly and helpful. Although I found everything up to my expectations, if you want luxuary this is not the hotel for you. It is a good value for money 3* hotel. The area is mostly populated by retired folk like Southport or Bourenmouth in the UK.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Parrish. Fla
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We have stayed at the Beachcomber before and we always look forward to returning again. The service and staff are helpful and friendly and the entertainment is great. We would recomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a really good time and not have to "break the bank" to do it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed February 14, 2010

What was supposed to be a weekend getaway turned into a 3 week vacation!! My room was clean, the staff was very professional and very helpful. The atmosphere is great, especially Jimmy B's and the view of the the Gulf. Live music all day, each day from 2 bands provides for a fun stay. Keep doing what you are doing Beachcomber!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kdwhite1210
all over
Reviewed February 11, 2010

We enjoyed our stay. Took in both bars, and spent enough money to know we had a good time. I liked the fact that they had live bands every day and I could not here it in my room. I did enjoy going to the beach getting a drink and watching a live performance. My only complaint would be that there was no microwave in our room.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple