This was our first visit to St. Pete Beach, and we wanted to stay on the beach versus being further inland.
- Very friendly staff - outstanding. They really go out of their way to say hello and make you feel welcome.
- The beach itself is fantastic - a long, beautiful, wide stretch of gorgeous sand, with commerce well away from the beach itself.
- Parking and amenities are good. By all means park up front by the street if possible to avoid having to back up a long distance on the sides. Free wifi is a nice touch, and the music at Jimmy B's is nice.
- Great location, close to shops and restaurants. We walked almost everywhere.
- We booked our room through Hotwire, so the value of the room was good.
Not So Good:
- It was cold while we were in St. Pete Beach, so we needed to run the room heater. Loud.....OMG loud....to the point you were awakened every time it ran, which was a lot. It came down to a choice - freeze and sleep well, or be warm and wake up frequently.
- The music at Jimmy B.'s is a curse as well as a blessing, as the room insulation is poor - you will hear the noise until late. Other reviewers are correct in saying that some patrons are loud.
- The Platinum / Player's card is a joke. You fill out a form, but you don't get the card or discounts for a week. What's the point if the benefit isn't immediate? Why bother? Please rethink your approach, Beachcomber.
- Light pollution. We like pitch-black rooms to sleep in, but the window curtains did a poor job of blocking out the exterior lights in the parking lot.
- The rooms are getting old and tired-looking. I have to agree with other reviewers that the Beachcomer needs a facelift.
Bottom line: The Beachcomber has a lot of good things going for it - they try VERY hard to ensure you will enjoy your visit. I REALLY wanted to like it. I walk away feeling like I had a good visit, but not good enough where I would put the Beachcomber high on my list of candidate hotels for a next visit - I would look at other options first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio and Flat Screen TV with free HBO. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HRS, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida