“Good Price Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
boston
“Good Price Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed three nights in a room with a kitchenette. The room was clean, the pool was nicely heated and the atmosphere was lovely. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to your needs. The beach is just steps away from your room. The resort unfortunately is on a busy main street and I didn’t feel comfortable walking with my grandbaby due to the car traffic. We enjoy walking to the stores and restaurants but we instead used our car.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank BostonDebbie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Finnish first
Loves Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at this resort over the Christmas holiday. We loved the beach and the room was accommodating. If I had any complaint about the room, the bathroom was a little small. I like that the room had a small kitchenette and a big closet for storage of the suitcases. The resort also had a 7 eleven right across the street. The beach was nice and always had a small crowd regardless of the temperature. Our room at the most was a 5 minute walk from the beach. As some of the other reviews commented, there was some noise. The music did not bother me and my family we sleep through anything, but if my kids were older I would not want them out and about at this resort because there are a lot of young adults running around partying. I will say it is a friendly resort, almost all the employees would say HI when passing. Keep in mind we were there at the holiday season. My biggest complaint was cleaning service on Christmas day. The cleaning lady asked if we needed cleaning and I said yes and she had kind of an attitude with me. I had passed on the cleaning the day before so I was in need. She also did not replenish enough towels, tissue, and soap, that aggravated me even more. I had left the room so she could clean so I was not there to say anything. I just never thought to say anything, because every other day we were supplied with enough of these necessities. I pondered whether to rate this hotel a 3 or 4. Technically I would have rated it a 3.5. I decided to give it a 4 because nothing was bad about our stay, and we got a good rate for it. I was genuinely happy with the resort, it was just not the perfect fit for a family. Oh one more thing, one of the aspects about any place we stay is how clean the rooms are. The rooms were very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank stacey077
Supply, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great location, close to the beach & within walking distance to stores. The staff at the front desk & housekeeping were very friendly. We both loved how short of a walk it was to the beach. Very beautiful landscaping makes for awesome sunset pictures through the palm trees. On our next vacation to St. Pete Beach, we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side of the hotel are closest to the beach bar.
1 Thank Greg A
marco island fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Priceline deal, all we expected. Some confusion at first but they were extremely accommodating and we were happy with the resolution. I read the negative reviews and must say, if you want 5 star accommodations go to a 5 star hotel. We were well pleased.

Room Tip: We were near the pool and perhaps a lounge, although we could hear it, it did not bother us. The pa...
2 Thank funkynana
Jackson, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had an unexpected mini vacation and the Beachcomber Beach Resort worked perfectly for us. The staff was super friendly from the front desk to the woman who cleaned our room. The grounds were relaxing, attractive, restful. We were just steps from the beach which is what we love. Our room was not far from the beach bar and at first we were a little worried about late night noise but it didn't turn out that way at all. The music created a nice atmosphere and was not disruptive in any way. Restrooms are right at the pool with easy access from the beach. Everything you need, they provide. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a king size bed. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: We got an upgrade by purchasing through their website.
1 Thank Robin S
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel has a fantastic location on the beach, and the rooms and grounds are really nice. The service was just fine. But, you'd better be a college coed looking for an all-night party because that's what you'll find at this hotel. Noise, noise, noise!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Melissa H
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here for a mid-week over night stay, and it was a great experience. When we checked in the desk attendant gave us the choice of where we wanted to stay. We opted to be close to the beach. We were not disappointed.
There was me and my husband and my hubbys cousin and her husband. The room that we shared was comfortable although the bathroom was tiny. It was clean and had a huge closet. It was quiet and the grounds were well maintained.
There are two pools that were kept very clean, and several bars/restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the beach.
3 Thank rosie0478