We had a king room with a great view of the beach and a balcony.
I generally prefer nicer hotels, but what I wanted was way too expensive ($400+). I booked the room directly through the hotel and got exactly what I wanted in a room ($178 per night). I would say that calling it a resort is a little misleading.
The location was great, on the beach with a nice boardwalk going from the bar to the beach. The beach was great, white sand, clean and not overly crowded. The staff at the hotel and bar were all very nice. The outdoor beach bar, Jimmy B's was a pretty happening spot with live bands in the afternoon and the evening. Some friends came from Tampa one evening and liked it a lot. The food there was ok, not a very big selection. The location of our room was pretty loud, so if noise bothers you, ask for a room away from the bar area. The room was pretty clean, but not spotless. The lighting was not very good in the bedroom or the bathroom. The soundproofing was also not very good. I could hear conversations next door and in the hallway, you could hear into the rooms as well. I didn't use either of the pools, but they may have been on the small side.
We had a seafood dinner next door at Shells. I was kind of skeptical as it is connected to the Travelodge which doesn't seem to get very good reviews, but the food and service were both good and what you would want for casual dining.
Overall, I was satisfied with our stay and would stay at the Beachcomber again if prices were the same.
We drove over to Fort DeSoto Park which has wonderful beaches and is great for taking long walks. It is probably 15-20 minutes from St. Pete Beach. I would definitely recommend this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio and Flat Screen TV with free HBO. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida