“Fabulous crab cakes”

The Brass Monkey
Ranked #52 of 153 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Casual dining with a 2nd story view of the Gulf of Mexico and amazing sunsets. Specializing in Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and a variety of Fresh Seafood Items, but also offering the finest Steaks, Salads and even Pizzas, The Brass Monkey has something for everyone. Drawing on 18 years of restaurant experience in the Maryland Chesapeake Bay area, Kelly and her husband Barry have worked to achieve uncompromised and superior food quality, service, value and consistency in a casual dining atmosphere. All of the menu items are prepared in-house with the highest quality ingredients and painstaking attention to detail and freshness, all offered at a reasonable price. We are proud to say: "We overlook nothing but the Gulf!"
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our second time here but this time we ate because of a friend's recommendation. She was correct! The crab cakes were all crab and delicious! We love fish spread and theirs was better than most with red onions, capers, and jalapenos served on the side if you want to jazz it up! Even the crackers were better than most. We've been spending a lot of time on Pass-A Grille Beach and we will definitely be back. Also we sat on the balcony with a view of the beautiful beach, what more could you ask for? GO, you won't be sorry!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We like to try new places when we come to St Pete's Beach each year and this was a great pick. Food was a little pricey but very good. We will be back.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We both had the grouper sandwich with beers and sat on the veranda. Beautiful view, food was good, server was excellent. Prices in line with other Pass-a-Grille eateries. There was a Ravens game at that time, so the bar area was roaring!

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My third trip to the Brass Monkey and I invited a friend of mine down. He drove 3 hours just to get the MD style Cream of Crab and Crab Cake Sandwich (both were awesome)... I enjoyed the steamed shrimp... They were awesome too!! If you don't know what Maryland style means, you gotta go and find out.... If you know what Maryland style is and you are missing the MD style crabs and shrimp, you will not be disappointed.... Thank God for the former marylander's who came to this area and brought a little bit of MD with them to share with Floridians and the transplanted Marylander's!

1  Thank NikoTroia
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I had the most PERFECT experience yesterday at the Brass Monkey in St. Petersburg Beach Florida. I'm down here unexpectedly because my Dad is in the hospital. My Family in Maryland is knee deep in snow and sitting in my seats at the most exciting NFL game ever. I wanted to be among my Ravens peeps so I found the most perfect Ravens bar EVER to watch the same. I was solo, walked in, not a seat in the house open. A couple of regulars asked me to join them. They recommended the crab cake....better than I can get in Maryland!!!!! Then then the game. I shared the experience with perfect stranger that I now call friend. It was like being there. It was a crazy fan experience and I LOVED it! And the setting, right on the beach is perfect. 100% chance I'm going back.