“Fantastic View, Good Food, Decent Prices”
Review of The Brass Monkey

The Brass Monkey
Ranked #52 of 153 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: Casual dining with a 2nd story view of the Gulf of Mexico and amazing sunsets. Specializing in Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and a variety of Fresh Seafood Items, but also offering the finest Steaks, Salads and even Pizzas, The Brass Monkey has something for everyone. Drawing on 18 years of restaurant experience in the Maryland Chesapeake Bay area, Kelly and her husband Barry have worked to achieve uncompromised and superior food quality, service, value and consistency in a casual dining atmosphere. All of the menu items are prepared in-house with the highest quality ingredients and painstaking attention to detail and freshness, all offered at a reasonable price. We are proud to say: "We overlook nothing but the Gulf!"
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been to St. Pete Beach several times over the past few years but had not yet ventured down to the Pass A Grille area. We clearly did not know what we were missing. There were a handful of restaurants and shops in the area but none seemed to offer quite the view that The Brass Monkey did from it's second floor outdoor seating area. Even with an overcast chill in the area we counted at least 9 kitesurfers with a wide variety of beautifully colored kites. I can only speculate how much more beautiful the view would have been on a sunny day or - even better - a sunset.

The menu was standard oceanfront bar & grill but the food was good with reasonable pricing. We highly recommend.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We sat outside on their Gulf-view balcony for an early appetizer lunch and were amazed at the drinks and food. My girlfriend and I ordered shrimp which was truly the biggest shrimp I have ever had. It was better than lobster. I wanted to return on our ride back to the airport to share this delishiness with the rest of our family but didn't have time. I talked about the Brass Monkey's shrimp for the rest of our vacation. The service was fantastic and the view was outstanding. It was a great way to start our spring break vacation.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My mother, my wife and I visit the Brass Monkey every spring. We're from Maryland and the Brass Monky advertises Maryland crab cakes. The crab cakes are very good and keep bringing us back. We love the small town feel of the area and the ocean view from the outside deck. We had a great table and service was good. Unfortunately for me I decided to try something different and ordered the shrimp salad sandwitch. When it arrived it looked good. The shrimp were large and when I began to eat the flavor was OK to good. Then the sauce began to run out of the sandwitch, down through my fingers and all over my hands. The the sauce started to pool in the basket in which the sandwitch was served. I had eaten about a third of the sandwitch and the bread which was now soaked fell apart in my hands. I ate the shrimp but the flavor was overpowered by the sauce. It must have been laddled onto the sandwitch. I've had shrimp salad in many restuarants but never with a runny sauce. Lesson learned is stick with what's good. Next time I'll go back to the crab cake. I like the Brass Monkey as I'm a Raven's fan and so is the owner. I'll be back next spring.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stopped here for drinks and appetizers. Drinks were good, strong and very reasonably priced. We also had the spinach dip (oddly bland, wouldn’t have again) and the flying wings (really good, but seasoned a bit too heavily). The view from the balcony was beautiful and our server did a nice job.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Friends of ours had dinner here and said it was one of the best meals they had all week, Great seafood!