“Great day trip”
Review of Shell Key Shuttle

Shell Key Shuttle
More attraction details
Owner description: Eco-friendly trip to unspoiled Shell Key for bird watching, shelling, dolphin watching. Sunset Dolphin Watching cruises by reservation.
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We enjoyed riding to the island and looking for shells with our grandson

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"great shells"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed April 30, 2012

But it is rather costly! Especially when you are taking a few children...plus, you are stuck on the island for a minimum of 2 hours! Not good if it gets too hot, storms, or kids get cranky!

2  Thank Glen G
Shuttle54, Owner at Shell Key Shuttle, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

No need to worry about storms. We watch the radar very carefully and if there is any chance of storms we tell our guests to return to the pick up spot immediately and we'll be there to take them back to the dock. We also offer boat rides for those who prefer not to spend time on the island. Sounds like that might have been a better option for your family and that is a less expensive option as well. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

this is a must do if you like shelling, the boat ride is short, we stayed o the island for 4 hours and wished we had more time, beautiful & serene

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have used the Shell Key Shuttle to visit Shell Key for 15 years and find tons of beautiful shells on each trip. April 28th was the best ever! Always remember you may have to walk to find many different shells although each time I find plenty only walking about a mile. If you walk further around the island going to the right of the boat once you disembark-there are more shells than you can possibly carry home. And sand dollars-everywhere. I also took the shuttle April 15th and came home with about 32 sand dollars not to mention the shells.

The owners of the shuttle and the pier have been nothing but pleasant, informative and helpful. Since I have been on trip many times, I hear the same information on each trip so I am surprised by the comments below, The captain I have found when manuerviing the shuttle, to be attentive to his surroundings ensuring the passengers are safe, secure and any dolphins or manatees that may be near the boat are not in danger. Nancy always takes her time to explain what we may encounter on the island. She stops and speaks to each passenger while handing out bags for shell collecting. I consider both the captain and Nancy excellent examples of locals who care about their community and go the extra mile in caring for the water community.

I would not miss this excursion if I was vacationing to this part of Florida. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for something relaxing to do, who enjoys walking, swimming or shelling. SHELL KEY is a happy place!!!

1  Thank Mariashells