“Pastries”
Review of Cafe Soleil

Cafe Soleil
Cuisines: French
Description: Cafe Soleil French Bakery & Deli and owner Lauren Chezaud-Diot bring an international taste to St. Pete Beach. From the moment you walk into this vintage Paris style cafe the fresh aromas of French breads and pastries tantalize your taste buds. Enjoy French traditional breakfast or lunch with a variety of fresh roasted espresso or glass of tea to add to the delight of the day. We have a unique taste that must be experienced, you'll return again and again and find something new with every visit.
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

This place has excellent pastries. It is hidden in the back of a plaza across from the St Pete’s public beach access parking lot. We wouldn’t have known it was there except for my Husband’s Grandmother recommending it to us. They serve sandwiches and salads as well.
We tried the hazelnut chocolate croissant, the apple turnover, and the almond croissant. The almond was our favorite. Very flaky and flavorful. His grandmother had the butter croissant (her usual) and it looked amazing. I cannot say how the other food items were. I know the owner gets her flour imported from France.
The coffee however; not good. I still rated this place 5 stars because I didn’t go here for the coffee. I guess they serve the ‘local’ roast called Kahua or Kohna or something to that effect. Get your coffee elsewhere and get come here for the pastries. It was VERY bitter. I had espresso and my husband had iced coffee. We both had to add cream to make it palatable. And we both always drink our coffees black....
service was excellent as well! I would go back!

Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Cafe Soleil was located within walking distance of a condo we were staying at. It is tucked away in a shopping center. The two people working the counter were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed Egg and Veggies Croissant with our coffee / cappuccino outside at a small round table. Very relaxing and good tasting. If I get back to the same area I would definitely eat there again! During the week they are open from 8:00 until 3:00. I believe the weekend hours may be different.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

We found this place looking for vegan options for breakfast. they are so accomodating, and made a special meal forb my vegan husband. they are beyond welcoming and the food is superb. will for sure come again when I'm in town!! dont miss this place!

Reviewed April 13, 2019

This little cafe/bakery, located in the rear of a shopping plaza which features a ubiquitous Publix, is a great place to go for lunch or breakfast. Their fresh baked daily baguettes can be filled one of four delicious ways to make a tasty sandwich, or you can choose a stuffed croissant, or a fresh pastry. Accompany this with freshly made coffee or another beverage and enjoy the service provided by the friendly, efficient staff. If this place were more prominently located, the lines would be so long that you wouldn’t get near it. And, it’s just across the street from the beach! Enjoy this little bit of France in St. Pete Beach.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We found this place based on TripAdvisor reviews-and it turned out sooooo good! Everything was fresh and delicious! Very friendly staff! The owner was beyond amazing!!! We had hazelnut croissants,almond milk cappuccino and tomato pesto croissants- and it was very tasty! Will definitely come back and will recommend to others good job,Cafe Soleil ☺️