“Awesome Place”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Philthy Phil's Bar
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I love Philthy Phil's! Good food, fun atmosphere, and the best drink deals on the beach!

2  Thank ihearttravel24

Reviewed March 11, 2009

Great local place with something for everyone on the menu.
You can't beat the Happy Hour deals 11-6or7?
$1 drafts / $1.50 well drinks and wine.
Awesome.

5  Thank cke1999
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We were quite disappointed to say the least.

The menu was available in the lobby of our hotel and sounded good so we thought we'd try it out.

Being a Friday night at the beach, we decided to go for a late dinner -- we chose Philthy Phil's because the menu said they were open until 1am. We arrived around 9:45 and went upstairs to the roof top bar. There were only about 10 people in the entire place so we went to the bar and ordered a drink (which was very watered down). About 5 minutes later we asked for a menu. The bartender said "Oh sorry we stopped serving food at 10." That's interesting...especially since it's 9:55. She told us other places we could go like we knew where everthing was..."go three stop lights turn left then right at the stop sign it off that street up there"

Needless to say we finished our drink and left. While were were getting ready to leave 4 customers came up to the bar and I heard her say "Just so you know guys we're getting ready to close. Sorry."

Again, Interesting.

I would suggest leaving this one alone. Terrible drinks, the food is a mystery since we didn't get to eat any of it, and poor customer service!! What a waste of time!

5  Thank beac73
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Philthy Phil's is located directly across the water from the condo our family rented in Treasure Island, Florida. From our balcony we could see that the place was constantly crowded with patrons and so, our curiosity piqued, we decided to try them out for lunch. My wife is lactose intolerant and is used to having a limited selection to choose from when vacationing and Phil's proved to be virtually intolerant of those with her dietary restrictions. Finally, after quizzing our waitress, she found that only one item on the menu could be ostensibly altered enough to not cause her extreme gastro-intestinal discomfort: a chicken dish vaguely asian. I opted for the fish and chips special. We waited patiently for our meals amidst the tumult of no less than three TVs near our little corner, all playing different stations, the dim of revving Harley Davidsons and clattering of dishes cleared away by a disgruntled employee. Our Bloody Marys arrived first: unbearably salty and, if tomato juice was used (they were the correct colour), it was badly tainted - the drinks were undrinkable. The aforementioned chicken dish covered in a dark brown, lumpy sauce and the meat was of the thickness and consistency of shoe's sole. The accompanying salad consisted of limp alfalfa sprouts and limper greenery. My fish and chips were dismal. The batter had the consistency of Colonel Sanders chicken long forgotten in the fridge and covered paper thin fillets of fishy matter. The chips were left virtually untouched and chocked with grease.
I can't imagine what the draw to Phil's must be. Perhaps it's the cheap booze. Avoid at all costs.

4  Thank BuddyCampbell
Reviewed April 10, 2008

We decided on Philthy Phils because is was down a little road and off the beaten path and it faced a little inlet so we could watch the fishermen and the water. Seemed like a nice spot and was for scenery. It looks like mostly locals come in. We ate on the rooftop, overlooking the inlet. I ordered the grouper sandwich - which came out COVERED in grease. It was fried tough. The batter ripped up my gums in the back of my mouth even. I've eaten quite a number of grouper sandwiches and this was - by far - the worst sandwich I'd ever had. It had no flavor at all - the potato chips they put on the side had more flavor. My fiancee' on the other hand has a philly-steak sandwich. It tasted pretty good, so...by my surmise, don't order anything fried unless you like things swimming in grease with no flavor.

3  Thank c5522