“Enjoyable novelty”
Review of RumFish Grill

RumFish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
RumFish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 154 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: RumFish Grill at Guy Harvey Outpost offers a fully immersive experience where visitors can eat, drink, shop and explore. The restaurant's main attraction is a 33,500 gallon aquarium featured on Animal Planet's hit series, "Tanked." Dine on cutting edge seafood, explore the tanks, enjoy nightly live entertainment with indoor and outdoor bars, and shop the 2,200 square foot retail store, carrying the largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise and marine art in the area. You can even dive in the tank and participate in our Swim with the Fishes snorkeling program. Serving lunch, dinner and a late night menu.
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal at Rum Fish. The food was good and the aquariums are fabulous. The best part of our meal were the food, drinks, hostess, shopping and atmosphere.
The only disappointing thing, was the waiter was a little short tempered. It didnt ruin our experience but it shock both my husband and I. Some may have been more put out by his attitude. He was nicer towards the end but his first impression remains.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,413)

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Very often when a place opens with lost of buzz about the decor, the food is an after thought. Not so with Rumfish. Not only is the restaurant beautiful, but the food is fantastic also.
All of the aquariums that got famous from the TV show, "Tanked" surround the restaurant. The service is excellent with attentive waitstaff that provide you with enough attention without "hovering".
i started with the Ceviche appetizer which was ample chunks of fish and shrimp in a delicious marinade. For the main course I had the seafood ravioli in pesto cream sauce which was out of this world.
Compared to other places in the area, the prices are quite reasonable for what you get.
I can't wait to go back again !

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic experience!!! Food and service were perfect. The atmosphere is the most unique and fun in all of Tampa Bay and maybe in Florida as a whole. The fish tanks are unbelievable and the entertainment was great. Love Aaron and Paul. Took my kids on a tour and explained all about the fish.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had high hopes for this restaurant-- made a booking for twenty of us. However, it was actually our most disappointing meal-- mediocre at best. The guys did like their Grouper, and the crab bisque was delicious. But the bar drinks not as good as Postcard Inn-- something seemed off about their cocktail concoctions-- not the right mixing. Also, the iceburg salad was terrible-- our table got three of them that were inedible-- the blue cheese dressing was a vinegrette with blue cheese that was so bad. My daughter got the flatbread that came out ice cold. I asked the waitress to take it back, but she never did. At the end, she gave me a bad time about taking it off the bill because the guys ate part of it (mainly because it stayed on table and their meals came out thirty minutes late). I nicely told her that I still had to go find food for my daughter since the flatbread was awful and it wasn't my fault that it remained on the table.

Truly, fighting with me over a $14 charge when our table spent over $800 ruined my evening. I wish I could have taken back the gratuity that was automatically charged but I understand that waitresses work hard and her poor behavior at end does not negate the fact that she did serve us all evening (though food came out erratically and she didn't smile once).

We had much better luck at the local restaurants-- charming service at Skidders, 1200 chophouse and the Postcard Inn-- next time we will skip this restaurant all-together!

RumFish-Manager, General Manager at RumFish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for your time to comment. I did email you directly to find out more about your visit a few days ago when you have time please drop me a response.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

My experience at Guy Harvey RumFish Grill was great! The atmosphere was great and the food was terrific. I loved the salt water tank in the restaurant - well maintained and lots of colorful fish. I will definitely go back to this restaurant next time I am in town.