“Bad service and ho-hum food”
Review of RumFish Grill

RumFish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
RumFish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 145 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: RumFish Grill at Guy Harvey Outpost offers a fully immersive experience where visitors can eat, drink, shop and explore. The restaurant's main attraction is a 33,500 gallon aquarium featured on Animal Planet's hit series, "Tanked." Dine on cutting edge seafood, explore the tanks, enjoy nightly live entertainment with indoor and outdoor bars, and shop the 2,200 square foot retail store, carrying the largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise and marine art in the area. You can even dive in the tank and participate in our Swim with the Fishes snorkeling program. Serving lunch, dinner and a late night menu.
Marietta, Ohio, United States
“Bad service and ho-hum food”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had high hopes for this restaurant-- made a booking for twenty of us. However, it was actually our most disappointing meal-- mediocre at best. The guys did like their Grouper, and the crab bisque was delicious. But the bar drinks not as good as Postcard Inn-- something seemed off about their cocktail concoctions-- not the right mixing. Also, the iceburg salad was terrible-- our table got three of them that were inedible-- the blue cheese dressing was a vinegrette with blue cheese that was so bad. My daughter got the flatbread that came out ice cold. I asked the waitress to take it back, but she never did. At the end, she gave me a bad time about taking it off the bill because the guys ate part of it (mainly because it stayed on table and their meals came out thirty minutes late). I nicely told her that I still had to go find food for my daughter since the flatbread was awful and it wasn't my fault that it remained on the table.

Truly, fighting with me over a $14 charge when our table spent over $800 ruined my evening. I wish I could have taken back the gratuity that was automatically charged but I understand that waitresses work hard and her poor behavior at end does not negate the fact that she did serve us all evening (though food came out erratically and she didn't smile once).

We had much better luck at the local restaurants-- charming service at Skidders, 1200 chophouse and the Postcard Inn-- next time we will skip this restaurant all-together!

• Visited July 2014
RumFish-Manager, General Manager at RumFish Grill, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Wendy

Thank you for your time to comment. I did email you directly to find out more about your visit a few days ago when you have time please drop me a response.

Aaron

Camarillo, California
“Great Food! Great Service! Hopping spot!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My experience at Guy Harvey RumFish Grill was great! The atmosphere was great and the food was terrific. I loved the salt water tank in the restaurant - well maintained and lots of colorful fish. I will definitely go back to this restaurant next time I am in town.

• Visited August 2014
Madeira Beach, Florida
“Needs some tweaking”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Went last night at 6pm for dinner in the main dining restaurant. There were 5 of us and we were told it was a 3 hour wait. We ended up sitting in the bar area where you can't order from the main restaurant menu. Very limited menu but the food was good. Service was not. Wine prices way too high for a house wine and only about a 3 ounce pour for $7. When we left at 8:30 there were plenty of tables open in the main dining restaurant so I don't know why we were given such a long wait time. Reservations are the answer, I guess.

• Visited August 2014
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The food was below par. Ordered Conch fritters - tough as rubber, not edible. Small portion.
Salmon salad was good.... portion miniscule! Service was also lacking. Water was served room temp - no ice, no refills, silverware missing - no one noticed. Looked for someone.. no-one around when you need them. Had to get up & get my own from another table. The best thing was the fish tank!!

• Visited July 2014
RumFish-Manager, General Manager at RumFish Grill, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
dwalsh

Thank you for taking time to comment on your lunch. You have mentioned multiple comments in which id' like to speak to you more about. Please give me a call when you are free and I thank you for your time in advance.

Aaron
727-329-1428
Tierra Verde
“Great food and views!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The new RumFish Grill was a great experience, even though it was only their 2nd week open. There are still a few service related issues but no doubt they are being addressed. The food and atmosphere are wonderful. Good place to stay and play, too!

• Visited June 2014