“Catching up with old friends at lunch”
Review of RumFish Grill

RumFish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
RumFish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 147 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: RumFish Grill at Guy Harvey Outpost offers a fully immersive experience where visitors can eat, drink, shop and explore. The restaurant's main attraction is a 33,500 gallon aquarium featured on Animal Planet's hit series, "Tanked." Dine on cutting edge seafood, explore the tanks, enjoy nightly live entertainment with indoor and outdoor bars, and shop the 2,200 square foot retail store, carrying the largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise and marine art in the area. You can even dive in the tank and participate in our Swim with the Fishes snorkeling program. Serving lunch, dinner and a late night menu.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Went for lunch, sat 2 tables away from the HUGE fish tank,,, really cool atmospher, where else can one have 2 hammerhead baby sharks swimming around and a cool eel... I understand they recently opened, and they DEFINITELY need to work on their customer service skills....like taking care of the the customer when they arrive and sit down... the table next to us waited approx 10-15 minutes before the waitress showed up... the hostess was NO WHERE to be found... and there were several employees that walked by us and not one went to get the hostess for us.. we stood waiting to be seated for about 10 minutes and we had RESERVATIONS TOO!... The table next to us ordered pork sliders, and they were so bad, (as in lots of fat in the meat) they sent them back, the guy couldn't eat them... I had the lavender maple wings, I asked the waitress how big is the order, she had NO CLUE, "Alot" is all she said, there were 12-13 wings... I liked the wings, very light flavoring,,, I also had the grouper po boy sandwich, very good... I understand the bar menu is different from the dining room menu.... the guy that was "assiting" the waitress poured our water when we first sat down, & never saw him again.... the waitress brought us a refill of ice tea & diet coke only once, at the end of our meal... I ordered sweet tea, and it was unsweetened...

There are newer reviews for RumFish Grill

Reviewed July 8, 2014

View of the tank was AMAZING, food was very good, service was excellent. Family friendly restaurant. Kids loved the menu that lit up. Atmosphere was great. Would recommend. Impressed with children's menu. Fish tank was really cool, clean and a pleasure to watch.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Had drinks and appetizers in the bar beforehand, loved the conch fritters! The new fish tank is awesome, dining with the fishes our whole family enjoyed it! Would recommend!!

1  Thank Lora H
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The fish aquarium makes this restaurant a destination during a St. Pete Beach visit. Our family had a very poor dining experience that I sincerely hope was a fluke for this business. The manager made generous amends for their difficulty handling our "large" group (10 adults, 2 preteens) for breakfast. I won't pick at the food or service except to advise others to avoid the huevos rancheros and the hash due to the small portion and lack of flavor. Omelets seem to be the best choice for flavor and temperature.

RumFish-Manager, General Manager at RumFish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for your response to your visit. Although your experience wasn't what you expected I am happy to hear that our team showed you that we care. We take pride in what we do in our restaurant and want everyone to know that. I would love to see you soon please call me at 727-329-1428 and I will be certain you are shown our great service and food!

Aaron

Reviewed July 7, 2014

As with any restaurant attached to a hotel, one should expect nothing more. The food isn't bad by any stretch though, and if you're feeling lazy, and you have the money, you won't be disappointed.