Message from TripAdvisor:

“Loved it....”
Review of Caprice Resort

Caprice Resort
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Just back from a 2 week stay in unit 306 of Caprice Resort. Loved the location - great beach views from the balcony. Great that it was just off Gulf Bulevard so away from traffic but handy enough that you can walk out to the shops if you needed to. I liked that there are only 7 units per floor and only 5 floors so no long treks down corridors and so easy to go up and down to the pool.

The apt/condo itself was very nicely furnished. Wifi is available to all in the block. One minor flaw is that the second bedroom has its window out onto the public corridor so I had to have the blinds closed most of the time.

Fitness room is not well fitted out - nearly came off the treadmill due to the belt sticking in places! But there is plenty of room on the beach for a run!

All in all I would thoroughly recommend the location of Caprice - near to the shops, the nail bars, Tyrone Square Mall is about 10-15min drive away, 2 Publix supermarkets are within a 5min drive, ice cream shop around the corner - oh how I wish I was there now!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Janeyjane43

Reviewed September 2, 2010

Having had parents who lived in this area for close to 30 years, St. Pete Beach was always a second home. I was extremely disappointed when they decided to leave the area as there is no finer beach than St. Pete and the Gulf of Mexico.

I was looking for a place on St. Pete Beach within walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc. I found it in the Caprice. The office staff were friendly and helpful, especially when I called to say my flight had been cancelled and I would be arriving a day later. The condo was clean, cool, modern, and had a kitchen well stocked with all sorts of plates, glasses, etc. The pool was clean and well maintained with lots of chairs! We couldn't have been more pleased.

The condo was actually nicer than the virtural tour on their website. We enjoyed it so much, we made a reservation for next year. You won't be disappointed. We weren't!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PJRIreland
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I recently returned from a week at the Caprice (unit 501). I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the apartment was. I would suggest that the carpets be cleaned more often. Other than that the apartment was quite clean. Apartment also included WiFi and digital TV (living room and master bedroom)

The Caprice is conveniently located on St.Pete Beach and within walking distance of the main strip. The pool was clean and usually not very busy. The Caprice also supplied two propane BBQ’s for guest usage. Covered parking was available for guests. When reviewing pictures of the Caprice online they usually include a picture of a fitness centre. Turns out it is the management office and the equipment is not in use.

We booked through Resort Rentals and the service was great. They answered all my questions as this was my first trip to St Pete.

I would suggest you do your shopping at Sweetbay Grocery store (at 75th and Blind Pass) instead of the Publix. I found the Publix busy and over priced. Way too many tourists. Try the Dollar Tree for supplies such as paper towels etc...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a week long stay at the the Caprice - unit #503. We had a great time - the Caprice is a nice, moderately priced condo complex that has just about everything you need for a quiet, relaxing week at the beach. We really have no significant complaints at all about our stay. We did not look at too many other resorts/rentals before deciding on the Caprice, but we are very happy with the choice that we made. The condo was full of sunshine and having a beach front balcony really just cannot be beat. We really enjoyed our stay and will seriously consider going back in the future - both to St. Pete Beach and the Caprice Resort.

Here are the primary negatives that I would note, which, in my opinion, were really very minor negatives. None of these really detracted from our stay in any significant way, but they are things I would have liked to know before I went, so I will record them for you.

One, the appliances are quite out-dated. All of them worked adequately and so I don't really view this as too much of a negative, but it is something that both my wife and I noticed. I believe other units may have more updated appliances, so a different unit may have been nicer in this respect.

Two, the shower head was not the best I have ever experienced - I enjoy a nice powerful shower head, and the one in unit #503 is quite old and dated without much power. It was perfectly adequate for taking a shower, but I would have enjoyed a nicer shower head.

Three, the DVD player had no remote. This made it a bit difficult to watch one of our DVDs (we actually ended up buying a cheap universal remote from Walmart during our stay so we could use it - sorry, we took it with us).

Four, the washer/dryer is coin operated and is not in the unit itself - I pretty much expected this, but it is something to note. We used the coin operated units once during our stay and had no complaints about them - on the 5th floor, they were actually right outside our door, so that was nice.

Fifth, not much of a fitness center at the Caprice. I always enjoy working out while on vacation, so this was a bit of a disappointment. If you are looking for a close, local gym with very cheap day/weak rates, I would recommend the Beach Bod Fitness Center, which is just a couple of blocks away - nothing fancy, but a very friendly staff, cheap rates, and a nice selection of weights and nautilus equipment. I visited there 3 times during my stay, and enjoyed my workout each time very much.

Sixth, as other reviewers have noted, the part of St. Pete Beach outside of the Caprice does suffer from beach erosion and so there are these large, yellow sandbag structures there. In my opinion, it really wasn't that big of a deal and did not detract much from our beach experience at all. However, I could see this being a bit disappointing if you didn't know about it before you went. If you go just a bit further south on the beach, the sandbag structures are not there, and the beach flattens out much more nicely. Again, this did not bother me or my wife, but it may bother some.

That is about it for the negatives that I can note. As you can see, they really are not very significant things. We really enjoyed our time, and will seriously consider going back! Hope my review is helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank airjay81
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We just returned from the Caprice, I will tell you that we where on the 5th floor had a great view and the property was nice because of the fact that the place is secure. Your kids cannot leave the property from the pool to go to the beach without a key. Our room was nice but outdated, needed more cookware but we still enjoyed our stay, how could you not St Pete is great. The downside of this property is that Libertie Managment claims they are one of the best, well I can tell you that the are incorrect. Our keys where not correct for the pool are or our door, we called the emergency number and did not get a response, they never knew I even called and I called twice. I went to the office two days later and spoke with Sue, she was rude as hell until I asked her if she had a problem and then she somewhat lightened up, somewhat!! The other person that works days is very nice. Whats amazing is when called to spend my $1700+ dollars to book the room Sue was so nice, but she is an ugly person on the inside when you need her help. The property was clean but our room floors where so dirty it was disgusting, our family upstairs had a room and the carpets where dirty there also. It is very expensive so try and take a small trip to Walmart or Target and get most of your food and go to the Meat Market in Pass- A- Grill for your steaks and Sea Food, it is a small place but they have everying you need from meat, fish and everything you could imagine so cheap, the best palce ever. I am getting ready to book again for next year but the Caprice may not be my next stop unless they get rid of Sue and clean the carpets. Just so you know we travel about 4 times per year. I have stayed at very type including high dollar and inexpensive hotels and condos so I do have much experience. And by the way, do not go to Bush Gardens during or close to high season it is a waist of money. I think it is so overpriced anyway.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank moagent007
Reviewed January 21, 2010

I have visited the St Pete Beach area many times and this is by far the BEST place I have stayed. We stayed at Condo # 403. On-line booking is is kinda scarry but you have nothing to worry about booking this condo with Bob. This building is off the main road and is just so private and quiet. The view from the balcony is totally unblocked and GREAT to people watch. VERY RELAXING! If you have children, this whole property is fenced and there is a grassy area. Very secure from the beach itself.
Beach is absolutely fabulous---the geo-tubes do not have ANY affect on any beach activities. In fact, we found them very interesting! You will not be dissapointed with the Caprice! VLD Peoria, IL

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank visionbuilder
Reviewed January 7, 2010

The beach at this location is disappointing. There are tee groins (enormous sandbags) along the beach to prevent beach erosion. The beach erosion in this location is pretty serious. You can not walk the waters edge without a tee groin interruption. I do realize this is not the Caprices fault.

The unit we stayed in had filthy livingroom furniture. The couch and loveseat were very questionable.

The master bedroom window would not close completely. So we heard partiers all night long in the park next door several nights in a row.

Plus, noisey upstair neighbors with a screaming kid at 3am on a nightly basis running the floors and carrying on.

A hot water heater that was set at a temp of 120, the lowest setting, meaning 3 minute showers literally.

One washer & dryer on 3 floors of the building. Two of the floors the lights did not work for evening use. Also, bring lots of quarters.

Plus, the parking situation totally sucked for anyone with a larger vehicle.

There were two Tv's in the unit. The livingroom TV was black & white and the master bedroom TV had a problem with audio (muffled mostly) & the remote did not work.

Black counter tops throughout unit appeared very worn, stains, etc.

Also, master closet door was broken.

A lot of the items I mention you can live with. However, when you are paying big money you expect to have a nicer place. We stayed at Sunset Vistas last year for less money and better accomodations & a better beach. Plus, we looked at a 2/2 at Isla Del Sol for next year. Better accomodations and twice the stay for the same price.

Best of luck!