“Very nice place”
Review of Keystone Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Keystone Motel
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Perry, Ohio
“Very nice place”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Keystone Motel 3 times now and have had a great time. You have a great resturant next door and across the street. There is a nice breakfast spot in walking distance that had good food. A little high for breakfast though. If we go to Florida again, we will stay at the Keystone. It is so quiet there and if you want noise you just have to drive up the street a ways

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nicki c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I live in north central Florida and have been coming down to the Keystone Motel in Pass-A-Grille for about 12 years. Lovely area, friendly family run business, clean rooms and sparkling pool. Everything within walking distance. Always a nice time!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank SwimBabe2
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I normally stay at the major chain hotels when I travel, but I ventured out to this gem during a stay for a Triathlon & I'm glad I did. I read a few reviews and I picked it based on those reviews. Much like the other reviews the location was prime. We arrived as spring break was ending in April, so we didn't see the crowds. Having no breakfast service was fine because we got it next door at Hurricane's. I will advise to be careful at breakfast at the Hurricane next door because when you look at the hotel's 2nd level there is a small window into the shower of one of the rooms. During our breakfast sitting at the Hurricane, one guy made sure everyone 'down below' knew he was 'showering'. Nothing to be concerned about & I chalk that up to the guest, not the hotel.

Walking across the street to the beach and having eating/great drinking near by made this place primo!!

**ASK for a parking pass from Hotel personnel** I think the city parking attendants get paid on commission!

Pool area has that 'Melrose Place' feel to it but without all the drama!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank MichaelK614
Rockford, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

What more could you ask for...located right across the street from the gulf and beautiful sandy beaches, right next door to a decent restaurant and a great pool. Watching the sunsets on the beach are awesome! I have come here since I was young, but I have to say that this time I was disappointed. While they have made several improvements; new paint on the outside, and remodeled several bathrooms, our beds were hard and our pillows like bricks. Our place had an air conditioner aimed right at the bed; it had to cool bedroom and the living area. In order to do that you had to keep the bedroom pretty frigid, which made sleeping difficult. Furniture was in good condition, but wasn't comfortable. While the woman who worked the front desk was very friendly and helpful, the man wasn't nearly as friendly. I will still go here, for location and the memories, but won't stay on third floor!

Room Tip: Apartments are usually more comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LovesTravel524
Mendota, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently spent two days on the sunny shores of Pass-A-Grille Beach at the south end of St. Pete Beach in June. We opted to stay at the Keystone Motel since we wanted to stay in Pass-A-Grille and there were no other locations available. We had some concerns due to the variety of reviews but I am glad to report that the Keystone was a nice place to visit for our two-day stay. The motel is a motel and one should not expect a top end hotel. The room we were offered was large and included a full kitchen, dining room area, living room area and a bedroom. Our two children each had their own beds and it was clean. The real selling point on the Keystone is its central location at the heart of Pass-A-Grille Beach. The motel is flanked by two restaurants, a variety of shops in the quaint downtown of Pass-A-Grille and the beautiful beach and Gulf of Mexico are located just across the street. The sunsets from the pool deck and surrounding area are worth it alone. A short block away is the well known Seahorse Restaurant and the Merry Pier, which is a good locale for fishing and charter trips on the Miss Pass-A-Grille. Best of all, the Keystone provides a free parking pass for those staying at the motel, which is critical since beach parking can be at a premium at times. Overall, we had a very positive experience at the Keystone.

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartment was very nice on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Toobs1
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great little place to stay while wanting casual relaxing time at the beach. Right in the heart of Pas-A-Grille , Fl. You can walk to get a cup of coffee , dining & a cocktail. It is on the beach with many great restaurants. Paradise Grill is across the street & they have live entertainment nightly & on weekends artist selling their artwork. Enjoy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa H
palm springs, ca
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was our second (and probably last) visit to the Keystone. Last May (2012) was pleasant enough so we decided to return this past week for four days. The room on the second floor was seedy with mismatched furniture etc. However the room was never cleaned once during our four day stay. The bathtub had almost as much sand as the beach by the time we left and I don't think that the motel even owns a vacuum.

The problem is the management. No one seems to give a darn. I told an older woman at the front desk about the lack of housekeeping (in response to her question on our stay). She said that she had never been told of this before. I suggested at she get "get off her duff" and go walk around the property.

No one is available from about 5PM until the next morning supposedly at 9:30 in the morning. I waited until almost 10 to check out since the young lady who was to open the office was 30 minutes or so late. Her excuse "they are on Florida time".

While the location is great and the prices are cheap, I must correct the young lady mentioned above. She is operating on a different planet, not Florida time!

Room Tip: Until they clean up their act go elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family