“My favorite place to stay & a home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Keystone Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Keystone Motel
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
New York
“My favorite place to stay & a home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

I'm a local and have always enjoyed my time at the Keystone. I find the grounds to always be clean and well maintained. Additionally, the rooms are immaculately house cleaned and updated. The poeple that run it do their best to make every experience enjoyable. I look forward to many trips back to Pass-A-Grille and the Keystone. Those who may have negative words to say may be negative people who are impossible to please because I've never had anything but a terrific time!

Room Tip: Ask for a a room on the balcony or with a view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Danmic7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

I'm a local resident and have stayed here a couple of times. Why more than just once?? Because they are the ONLY hotel in Pass-A-Grille that has a pool and is directly across from the beach. However, I've been stung enough to simply stay away.

The location is the BEST - if you want to stay in Pass-A-Grille. However, there are other great beach spots and TONS OF BETTER hotels.

The biggest complaint, as is quite common from reading the reviews, are the owners/managers/whomever is running this place. The first time I stayed here the owners had charged me an extra $100 because they claimed to have "upgraded" my room, yet never informed me of this until AFTER I received my receipt upon CHECKOUT. They never informed me of this before I was checking out. I didn't even know I was getting an "upgraded" room.

It seems they like to come up with various charges for you and you won't know it until you get your receipt or credit card statement. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL with these folks.

The service is horrendous. I believe it's a lady, or two, that's running the place and you are hard pressed to find her/them in the office. So, if you are trying to check in/check out, or just need to get in touch with them - then good luck.

In my opinion the only reason they are in business is because of their location - beware to all!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank TrentFL
Winter Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

i stopped in and made a reservation for two weeks in advance. older lady at the desk was a bit "all not there" but did put my name in her book. i then decided to read some reviews and they were not good so was expecting major problems. however, we were pleasantly surprised. she was sweet. very helpful and did her best. the room was fine, a/c worked great. our room was on the second floor with 2 chairs and table out side and the beach/sunset view was spectacular. we will be going back very soon

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rosegrundy
Miami, Floride, États-Unis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

This motel is well located in lovely Pass-a-grille (South of St-Pete Beach), but the owners are so unfriendly and unprofessionnal that I advise to skip it for another hotel !

We booked well in advance for 4 nights, never got a written confirmation, arrived to reconfirm 4 nights to the sleepy innkeeper (whom we had to beg to get extra towels...) and were called during the 4th day to say taht we had only booked for 3 nights, that our luggage had been put to the storagen, that we had to pay for an extra night as we had stayed too long in the room and that it was our entire fault !!!

And we're still waiting for the detailed bill that we were to upset to ask on the day itself.

We'll come again to PAG, but certainly not to this hotel until the management has changed...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Voyageur_europeen
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

On our recent trip to Florida we decided to "explore" the Gulf Side. We have been to the East Coast in the past and used Tripadvisor to search out small privately run motels and hotels. We did not book any hotels in advance and showed up in St. Pete's Beach area with no place to stay on March 4th. A local recommended Keystone and when we checked on Tripadvisor with our laptop I was a little concerned because of the recent posts.

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the office and asked Daniele behind the desk about availability. She checked her well used paper calendar and said she had two rooms open and would be glad to show them to me. They are in the process of refurbishing the rooms (bathrooms especially). We had a chance to compare old vs new. We took the new for that night but had to relocate to an older room the next day. No problem. We stayed a total of three days and I would book with them again in a heartbeat. Daniele's great grandfather built the motel and they show great pride in maintaining it. If you are looking for a great value and would like to explore Pass-a-Grille area (kinda Key West like) Keystone Motel has hotel style rooms as well as efficiencies with kitchens. The pool was great. The beach is wonderful. The staff and fellow guests were friendly. The pace is slow. What a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pennyptc
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

No confirmation number when you call and that is an immediate concern. Call back days before your trip and they can't find your reservation; then they can. Extend a reservation during low season and one day before your current reservation expires, they ask you to move because they double booked your room. Moving to another room anyway so we accomodated them by doing it a day early and ended up with the closet in the back of the motel at no significant discount to the original; one owner tells you they appreciate it and will give you a deal for your inconvenience and then bill you a different rate. Ask to check out early and one owner tells you they have a meeting until 9:30Am and will see what they can do to accommodate you. Mary, Bob and Danielle in that order are the owners and each does it their own way; and all at the same time.

Clean and convenient? Yes. Reasonably priced? Yes. Did we have a blast on our vacation? Hell Yes!

Just be warned the uncertainty of your reservation and the dealing with one of the Three Stooges is a drag.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GeorgiaTraveler1971
Jonesville, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

First thing was we had bugs and very dirty rooms. The ladies are very rude that run the place. The gentleman that runs it is nicer! Money was taken out of my account (debit card) the day after I left. $40 when I called back to ask them about it, the younger lady argued with me about the 2 keys and the parking pass. I left them in the room before I left. She says I did not. I think they need to ask the maids what they are doing with them!!! She also hung the phone up me! So they also lie and cheat people out of $!

• Stayed July 2010