“Delicious”

Cafe Luna Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cozy bistro dining in the heart of St.Pete Beach, serving the freshest seafood & steaks. Eclectic menu to suit all tastes. Casual/upscale, with soft lighting & low music, perfect for a relaxed night out.
Reviewed October 28, 2010

The food at this restaurant is top notch,i will rate it with the finest restaurants i have dined in all over the world that cost 4-6 times more.I had their steak which was on the same level as Peter Lugers in Brooklyn.NY but much more delicious with the sauce it came with.The Salmon was the best i ever ate at any restaurant and the grits and rice that came with the dishes was awesome,never knew grits could taste that good.Their signature tomato,fresh mozzarella on a bed of fresh greens was as fresh as fresh could be with a nice balsamic reduction glaze.We could not finish our meals and had it for lunch next day,even the salad.Wine prices are reasonable and had no room for desert,i live 2 hours away but worth the drive for a special occasion.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

Yet again Cafe Luna produced - wonderful food, excellent, knowledgeable staff. Just back from our annual break at St Pete Beach and just had to try their new menu - excellent. Try the Thai Sea Scallops (with crispy stir-fry veggies and saffron rice) - to die for. Their Chilli Trio (now off menu) is available if you ask - that's what I like, they'll do anything you want. Allan and his staff are the Best On The Beach. Try it - you may be surprised. Oh, and the two steaks we had were tremendous - can't fault them. Keep it up Allan.
(Don't forget to try the dessert - usually only three to choose from, but try the praline/butterscotch/vanilla thingy - magic!)

Reviewed October 15, 2010

Great food & service. Nice wine list.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

This place is intimate with fabulous personal service, good portions, and the best food on the beach. The first thing my family and I noted about our meals was the attention paid to every detail. For example the clam chowder had flavor without lots of heavy cream or too much seasoning, broccoli was cut and steamed perfectly, and my steak was exactly medium-rare. Normally I don't care for Cajun seasoning because I think it is used entirely inappropriately, often too much is applied and covers up the true taste of the meat. Luna's knows how to do it right. I was highly pleased to taste the full flavor of a steak aged over 28 days. Their menu also includes vegetarian, gluten free dishes and pizza. If there was only time to try one nice restaurant this would be my pick. They really took care of us and it was a delightful experience.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

Wonderful friendly staff, delicious food and reasonable prices.
Allen, the owner, could not have been more friendly.
As locals, this is one of our regular eating estabalishments.