“Outstanding!”

Cafe Luna Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cozy bistro dining in the heart of St.Pete Beach, serving the freshest seafood & steaks. Eclectic menu to suit all tastes. Casual/upscale, with soft lighting & low music, perfect for a relaxed night out.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The best grouper & shrimp I have ever had! This particular dish was heaven on a fork! My husband had the Filet Luna- which was cooked to perfection. We also ordered the Thai spring rolls, caprese salad. Nothing but a thumbs up on every aspect of this restaurant! So good we went back the next night and brought our friends They also had the Grouper and Shrimp. Rave reviews from them also! We finished off this amazing meal with the brownie with fresh raspberries and whipped cream- Melt in your mouth good! The owner, Alan is right there to check and make sure your dinner is to your satisfaction. Each dish is prepared especially for you and not made ahead like other restaurants. Put Café Luna at the top of your list of places to eat!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I went to Cafe Luna Bistro for dinner last night, and after doing some research, I expected this place to be outstanding based on the reviews. Service was very good, atmosphere was also pretty nice and cozy, but the food was nothing to write home about. The tomato bisque was actually really good, but other than that the crab cakes and filet that we ordered weren't anything special. Don't think I would go again, but I'm glad we checked it out.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Very disappointed. All the hype and the #1 rating in the area out of 114 got the 12 of us there - but don't believe it. Snappers Sea Grill and the 1200 ChopHouse were far superior.
Food was subpar and service was lacking. Very inconsiderate waiter and support staff. Food was cold and had to ask several times for simple items/requests.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Always visit cafe luna when we're in st. Pete. At least once a week. Guaranteed good food , good service , good atmosphere and very reasonably priced ! I'm ceoliac , and therefore have to have a gluten free diet, Alan , the owner , and his staff are aware of this and always make the effort to accommodate me ! Gluten free food is on the menu , but they can adapt dishes to suit if necessary! Best Filet in town! Keep up the good work!

1  Thank 56BADLD57
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am a frequent diner at Café Luna and continue to be impressed with the quality of the food, the attentive service and the overall dining experience. Most recently, I was there with a group of six. We started with spring rolls and caprese salads. Our out-of-town guests expressed that the spring rolls were the best they'd ever had and the caprese was very fresh. My entrée, the grouper and shrimp, was cooked perfectly. The fish was moist and buttery and fell apart with one touch -- cooked to perfection. The other diners all exclaimed that their steaks, snapper and scallops were divine. As usual, our server's timing was spot-on, and his recommendation of the warm brownie for dessert was just what we were hoping for. Café Luna never disappoints!