“Excellent food and excellent service”
Review of Cafe Luna Bistro - CLOSED

Cafe Luna Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, Wine Bar, Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Cozy bistro dining in the heart of St.Pete Beach, serving the freshest seafood & steaks. Eclectic menu to suit all tastes. Casual/upscale, with soft lighting & low music, perfect for a relaxed night out.
Florida
“Excellent food and excellent service”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Cafe Luna is definitely not to be missed when choosing a restaurant on St. Pete. beach. The food and service is excellent and will not disappoint. They have a great selection of seafood dishes, not the fried food you often find and a good selection of steak or filet mignon. The grouper and shrimp with a lobster cream sherry sauce is excellent. They also have a very good wine selection, all and all you can`t miss.

Philadelphia
“One of the best restaurants I've ever been to”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I come from a foodie family (roots in the restaurant business and we all cook fresh/simple/local/healthy/gourmet) and find it hard to find a great food outside of a dozen or so world-class city restaurants. Eating out is often disappointing. Not so (at all!) with Cafe Luna. After eating here last year and loving it, my husband and I came back to St. Pete's on vacation this past week and were thrilled to find the restaurant still going strong. Had dinner here 3(!) times this past week (it's that good!), and each time had one of the most delicious, satisfying meals we've ever had in a restaurant. Kudos to the chef; every element of every item is cooked to absolute perfection (and that was consistent w/every visit). Now that I'm back home, I'm already missing the warm bread they serve with a spiced olive-oil--it has the most perfectly crispy crust and it's so fresh and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The cucumber salmon was my favorite dish--tender and juicy inside, a little crispy on the outside, served topped with cucumber quarters in a dill dressing that was so delicious, I'm going to try to recreate it until my next visit. My husband had the chicken parm and said it was the best he's ever had, as well as a special that was shrimp and scallops over pasta that was delicious. Oh, and great tomato bisque. There was not one bad or even mediocre thing among anything we ordered. We wanted to take the restaurant home with us. Our waitress Beth was terrific and very sweet, as was our waiter another night (didn't get his name), but the entire staff is attentive, service is great, you cannot go wrong. It's not at all overpriced, and has a very warm, quaint atmosphere to boot. (Even the bathroom was nice!). I would say it's a MUST if you're a foodie person (and even if you're not). My observation was that this place would stand out even if it was in a city with the finest restaurants, but it REALLY stands out in St. Pete where there's not much great dining to be had (more bad-for-you beach-type food than anything). Go and enjoy it!

3 Thank R P
Tampa, Florida
“Recommendation Paid Off”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This charming bistro was listed as the #1 St Pete Beach restaurant in Tripadvisor, and it did not disappoint. Wonderful and surprisingly varied menu -- from curries to seafood to steaks. I had the seafood curry and my husband chose the evening special -- filet tips in a port wine sauce over penne -- both delicious! Fresh ingredients, great food and warm, friendly service. A well-chosen wine list and reasonable prices rounded out the experience nicely. Highly recommended. We are sure to return!

St Petersurg
“Just a great place”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice relaxing atmosphere with great food and good wine. Nice to get a nice, fresh, well presented meal instead of the the deep fried usual beach food. It's also nice to get away from the music and plastic cups on the beach and enjoy a decent glass of wine and a fine meal.

New Port Richey, Florida
“Cozy place with great food”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had the Ahi appetizer and it was top notch. I had the Sea Scallop and Shrimp special that was excellent as well. All fresh ingredients and not overcooked. Price is a tad higher than many other places but seeing as how the quality of ingredients and freshness was apparent well worth it. Great friendly waiter who was very professional. We will be back.