“Excellent but not #1” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Luna Bistro - CLOSED

Cafe Luna Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, Wine Bar, Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Cozy bistro dining in the heart of St.Pete Beach, serving the freshest seafood & steaks. Eclectic menu to suit all tastes. Casual/upscale, with soft lighting & low music, perfect for a relaxed night out.
La Grange, Illinois
“Excellent but not #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I both had the Grouper Picatta and it was very good. Service was fine, all the good was good and it's a nice place. WE didn't have any complaints we just thought Snapper's down the street is a little bit better.

Irmo, South Carolina
“The best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My advice is to order anything on the menu, but not fried. The food is way too flavorful to change it by frying. Grease is good for hiding off tasting foods, but does nothing for good food.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, but Snappers is my #1 choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a great meal at Cafe Luna. This was our first choice and dined there our first night away. The service was friendly and helpful, and the food a B+. I got the chicken Picatta and my husband the Mahi Mahi. I usually go for seafood, but the chicken was a great choice. My husband said that his fish resembled a "fish finger" as it was fried and breaded in a similar way. We weren't blown out of the water by this place, but definitely a place to check out for a decent meal. Personally, I liked Snapper's better and it was similar in price. Two advantages of Cafe Luna: Gluten-free friendly (i.e. the chef made a special dessert and prepared the French Onion soup seperately for me to accomodate my gluten sensitivty -- very nice!) and you could make a reservation where at Snappers you cannot.

usa
“mediocre at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

we had heard good things about this cafe but we went for valentines day and were disappointed.
i first judge a place by the bread which was nothing special, the dishes were just ok and we all had something different. the caesar salad tasted like it was from a grocery store, and snapper, not cheap, was ok, and had a very fishy taste. would not rush back or recommend to others.
we know good food and this is not it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We had read that this was the No 1 rated restaurant in the area so we were a little disappointed. The staff were friendly and very professional. However the food was not exceptional. My wife had a chicken dish where she found the chicken tough and the mash inedible. My snapper was acceptable.

The restaurant was busy and maybe we were just unlucky on the night.