Bon Aire Resort
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$189
Alden Suites
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
$307
$289
  • Pool
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$149
$173
$158
$147
$138
$245
Hotels.com
$127
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$159
$349
$269
All reviewssandbar billscheeseburgerbeach barpete beachone bedroom apartmentfamily ownedrooms are cleanyear after yearpublix groceryfrozen drinksacross streetshuffle boardbeach frontgreat drinksbeautiful beachsmall kitchentreasure island
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We spend 1 week in a 1 bedroom apt. It was great. Sandbar Bill's was fun and the hamburgers are the best we ever tasted!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank newtravellerToronto
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Ok so I used to love going here every year for our annual vacation. Been going here 5 years, and some family members had gone here even longer, and this was our 6th and final year here. Now I love the location and the beach is great and I've always loved the uncrowded beach, hotel and the old time Florida feel of the place. Love it for those same reasons, at first, this year but then the nightmare began. My husband woke me several nights after arriving to tell me he had seen two roachs (sorry Palmetto bugs in Flordia but still roachs to me!) on the kitchen cabinets where our food was stored. He killed them and the next morning we promptly reported it to the front desk. There again usually we don't have a problem with them but they acted like not a big deal and they would send maintenance to "spray" our room. By the time they left we couldn't breath and had to leave the room for hours. When we returned it still smelled and our son, who has asthma, had breathing problems. We thought ok maybe some bugs got in...older place and all...and that would be expected for the place. We asked to move to one of the nice big beach front apartments, that was vacated the day before, and was moved up..but for a price of course for the difference in the room rates. We spent our entire afternoon switching to our new rooms with no roachs in site and a wonderful view of the beach out of our window. All went well...until that night. Our son was sitting on the sofa watching TV when a roach landed on him which really freaked him out to say the least. Later we went to bed and as I'm watching TV I see 2 roachs run up the bedroom wall within 15 minutes of each other. I run out to the living room to tell my husband and I see another one running up the wall there. Truly the rooms are infested to see this many in this short of time...I was disgusted to say the least. We spent the entire night packing our suitcases, after thoroughly shaking everything out, to ensure we didn't take bugs home with us. Slept in our car until the office opened where we learned they could give us our money back but not until the manager came in after 10am. They were very rude about the whole situation. We had driven 19 hours for a one week stay that turned into a 4 day stay nightmare. We had to leave to drive home (our trip was planned on a tight budget and we were now out of money) and have a check mailed to us later with no apology what so ever from the staff at the hotel. I guess they just thought more money from another person later.

How many others have stayed and not stayed up late enought to see the roachs on the walls or taken them home with them...YUCK!!!! I will never go here again or recommend it to anyone I know (I used to recommend it to everyone I know)!!! If you want a great view I'm sure there's nicer places elsewhere on the beach. I plan on checking one out next year!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
17  Thank jbc94
Reviewed November 28, 2010

This hotel has attractive landscaping and offers several options for hanging outside (which is why you're at the beach, right?) The pool & patio areas are well staffed and clean & include tables, lounge chairs, and shade for hanging out. We opted for the simple 'hotel room' which included a refrigerator and large closet. The pillows, however, were new but too puffy & firm for our necks. Also, there's not a lot of room for our stuff in the bathroom. Even so, the price was great, it was clean, and we'll look no further if we ever get a chance to go back to St. Pete Beach.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brenda6381
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Have been coming to the Bonaire for the past 20 years and find we always enjoy our visits. Yes it's and old style Florida motel, well kept with a sometimes friendly and helpful staff and sometimes not so friendly. However that doesn't really distract from the beach, the location or the clean rooms. Staying after Labor Day affords a more relaxed visit and a less crowded beach which we enjoy. If your looking for the mega beach resort this is not it but if your looking for a real "old Florida" experience it would be hard to go wrong here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fatbobOrlando
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This was my fourth trip staying at the Bon Aire as part of a family reunion type trip. The Bon Aire is what it is; a great. clean, family friendly value right on a beautiful beach. The motel is about 60 years old, but well maintained and clean. The little beach bar (Sandbar Bill's) is open during the day and up to about 10:00pm or so, depending on the crowd I think. Decent food and drinks, but you also can have a cooler of beer with you. Two swimming pools and depending on which room you get, you may be 10 feet from the beach. This isn't the fanciest hotel I've ever been to, but for the price, it is hard to beat. No doubt, I'll be back there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family