“Our choice for annual family reunions”
Review of Bon Aire Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Bon Aire Resort
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family of 20 has been going to the Bon-Aire now for several years for our annual Christmas reunion. We like that we can all be close together and find something for all ages (now teens through seniors), including the pools, shuffleboard, and SandBar Bill's. It is walking distance to the grocery store, CVS, nail salon, dollar store, Chik-Fil-A (our favorite for iced tea and yummy chicken), and the great seafood restaurants in Pass-A-Grill. Just down the beach there is a great bar with good food, all the sports games on TV's, and cheap beer. The Bon-Aire has recently remodeled and everything is new, clean, bright and the beds are SO COMFORTABLE! It is just steps from the beach and I challenge anyone to find a place so reasonably-priced this close to the beach. This family-run business has just 2-story units - - so much better than those high rises down the beach. The units are big and the kitchenettes have everything you need for a week's stay (dishes, soap, towels, etc.). I do wish, tho, that they'd re-paint the shuffleboard lines for the annual tournament my Dad organizes. The grounds are very well-maintained and it has the feel of a small community vs a mass of strangers. When the college bowl games roll around on New Year's Day, the competition and cheering is diverse but friendly. Can't go wrong with this place and we'll be going back again this year.

Room Tip: There are limited number of rooms that are at the end, facing the beach but these are usually booked...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went for 3 weeks in Feb. Next year we will stay for a month. That was our 7th year. Would not stay anywhere else. Accomodation is clean & comfortable. Food is the best at Sandbar Bill's. Staff always go out of there way to help with anything you may need. Already looking forward to 2014.
John & Pam from Canada

Room Tip: We always get deluxe efficiency.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We recently went to St. Pete Beach and stayed at the Bon-Aire. I had read all the reviews on trip advisor prior to going and a majority indicated I would love the Bon-Aire and I have to admit they were right. We were there March 16th and beyond for Spring Break. I really expected there to be tons of people and there wasn't, it was just right! We stayed in the Deluxe Bedroom Apts, highly recommend those, they are huge and away from the hustle and bustle area of the complex. I like to get my sleep so we couldn't have picked a better room. Some of the reviews indicated staff were unfriendly, and honestly they weren't rude, but can't say they were overly friendly either. Its like they are there to do a job and they do it well, but aren't there to become your friend. So that might be something they could work on. The food at the Sandbar Bills, best ever, we ate there 3 times and loved everything we got. Its fast and excellent food. I loved the Bon-Aire, loved being right near the beach, they have awesome set up for rooms and sitting by the beach. I went and viewed our friends hotel just a few down and I would definitely pick the Bon-Aire again, the rooms are large, may not be new, but its clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: stay away from the beach to avoid lots of traffic unless you don't mind it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Renee M
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are staying here this week and are enjoying every minute! The rooms and the grounds are very clean and the Tiki Bar is fab!!! The pools are neat and clean and the water is warm. Best hamburgers in the world. Great local restaurants closeby also. The beach is huge and pure white sand. Lots of repeats here, and I would definitely come back myself.

Room Tip: We have upstairs rooms and are glad we did-quieter. I may would upgrade next time just to get a larg...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank terrysaunders27909
Reviewed March 3, 2013

we loved the Bon-Aire and would stay again when next in Tampa. We went for the deluxe efficiency option, primarily becaause we had experienced disappointment with restuarant food on our 3 week trip. rooms are spacious, beds comfortable, amenities good, walk on beach location, great looking bar/grill, wide variety of customers.

2  Thank Sonofgav
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were looking for a place on the beach that was not some huge chain or trying to sell us a time share and came across this on here. As we walk up to the room we were greeted by what you can I guess call them regulars. After getting into our room I was really pleasantly surprised. Nice spacious rooms with separate little kitchen in ours and "dining area". For the Age of the place it was very will maintained and up to date. As we went back out we stopped and talked with those regulars again. I see some people posting here 3rd time going there, these regulars were going on there 15th to 20th time visiting there and staying there between 1-3 months! Turns out there is a big group of people that come down and stay for a while and just make friends and come back each year afterwards. I must admit It is very tempting to do just that with Bon Aire.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank TrippedNC
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the 3rd year in a row for us and I continue to love the place. Beautiful vews, friendly people. Our whole apartment had been redone. New floors, shower and new beds as well. Property is well maintained and staff go out of there way to accommodate. Love Sandbar Bills.
We will return.