“A+++” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gulf Tides Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Gulf Tides Inn
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Franklin, Tennessee
“A+++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

sitting in unit #2 as i write this...what a quaint little inn...classic 1949 spanish-style structure that is clean clean clean...what a hidden gem...dave is great...thanks to accurate reviewers on tripadvisor--otherwise, i would have passed it by...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank groundlevelbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Just spent another perfect stay in the sun with Dave and Adele. There's nothing more to add than the previous reviews other than it just gets better and better every year we stay. The location is perfect, the complex is perfect for anyone's needs and Dave is just the ideal host. All the rooms have now been renovated and have sparkling new bathrooms and are always spotlessly clean. Anything you need over and above is no trouble for Dave to provide and he always goes out of his way to ensure that every guest is happy and content. We've already booked for next year and will continue to stay with Dave at the Gulf Tides Inn as its the best on Tripadvisor !

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrLex7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Super charming place with wonderfully friendly host.

Efficiencies are comfortable and clean. Loved the 1960s pink and black tiled bathroom.

Dave is there for anything you need: dinner recommendation, beach chairs, a nice chat.

Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Klcahill2
Sturgis, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you're in search of a friendly, clean, comfortable, cheap, welcoming, family owned place to stay close to the beach, THIS is your place! This is a small motel style place with apartment style rooms. We stayed in the efficiency style apartment for the weekend and it was perfect. The room had a small kitchen with anything needed to make a small meal. There were so many awesome places to eat in the area we didn't use the kitchen but it was nice to know it was there if needed. The room also had a nice bed with a newer flat screen TV, along with a chair and desk. The bathroom appeared original to the building, with bright pink tiles, but it was amazingly clean. The air conditioner appeared newer and worked very well. I am very picky when it comes to clean.... I couldn't find anything that bothered me too much at all. All of the rooms are facing a very nice and clean pool area, that had a lot of nice furniture to relax on. There is a very nice newer gas grill available for anyone to use. The beach was a very short walk down the road. Since we were flying we weren't able to bring any chairs or anything to enjoy the beach with, we were pleasantly surprised to find there were chairs we could borrow! The owner appeared to really care about his business and wants his guests to have best stay possible. He was a wealth of knowledge about things to do and places to eat. If you are looking for a fancy chain hotel, this isn't it. But, if you give this place a try, you probably won't be disappointed! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jayneann1809
St. Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you're in search of a small family run property, then this is the place for you. When we arrived we were barely in the gate when Dave greeted us by name and immediately took us to our room, showed us around. A little later he offered to help me bring in my luggage! He made great suggestions for meals, local hot spots and entertainment! All rooms face a lovely courtyard with a nice size pool. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and super clean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hgibson01
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The first time I stayed at the Gulf Tides Inn, I was impressed with the condition of the property, the local knowledge displayed by the owner, and the convenience of the location. My second trip proved to me, it wasn't a fluke. Dave is always busy running around the inn taking care of the most minute detals to ensure his quest enjoy their stay. Dave had already turned me on to some great resturants and bars within walking distance and this time told me about a good produce stand. Real inexpensive. I showed up without a car on Sept 21. I walked to resurants, bars, grocery stores, and of course the beach within minutes. I wanted to go to the otherside of the island all I had to do was walk a block to the bus stop (they run every 20 minutes). I you need to know when the next bus is coming, just call the PSTA. Finally, all the othe guest were friendly. All had stayed at the inn before. I don't think I have yet to meet a stranger staying there. I am going to continue to book my vacations at the Gulf Tides Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Roy G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I first stayed here in 2009 due to its tripadvisor rating. I was not disappointed. Since then I have stayed 2 more times. What I like is that each time I have been back improvements have been made. This is a small motel style hotel with 10 apartments - there are 2 sizes. The rooms are always clean - the air conditioning units are very quiet and new - the bathrooms are newly refurbished - and there are now good sized flat screens in the apartments. Dave keeps on investing in his property and it shows. We were there in September - a quiet time for many places in Florida - but this place was busy - mainly with repeat customers.
As I said in my previous review in 2009 - this is not a 5 star resort - it is not trying to be - and if you can afford that style of property then the Don Cesar resort is just down the road. However, if you are looking for a quiet apartment with a small kitchen, lounge, bedroom and bathroom with service and a pool - you would have to go a long way to beat this for value, position (not on the beach but close) and helpful owners.

Room Tip: Other than size there are no advantages to any of the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple