“A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH”

Skidder's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 149 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Offering a wonderful variety for the whole family. Homemade pancakes, soups, bread and sauces. Antibiotic-hormone free eggs and chicken. Gluten free pasta and pizza...
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This restaurant had such awesome reviews we had to check it out for ourselves, and ultimately, we were NOT disappointed in the least! we went TWICE in a two day period, the first was for breakfast.. Yes, it sounds odd for a restaurant" Skidders" my teenage sons got a snicker from name alone, but as we parked and headed in I was pulled in by the allure of a 5 star breakfast in a reputable local place.As we opened the door and passed the point of no return, we were blindsided by a very old school,style of dining at tables and a couple of old style booths that sported some vinyl covering likened to my grandmothers era.. but,being past the point of no return we were seated at a booth dedicated to a customer who had long since not sat there, but had for many years you got the idea. The restaurant was clean, and the food smelled GREAT. The waitress got our drinks and took our orders, and it was a VERY large order as I was famished and my two teenage boys are able to put away a considerable amount. The meal was at the table in less than 15 mins. and was FABULOUS each person said it was the best they had ever had. and that says a lot for a breakfast. The boys loved the omelets.
We came back the next evening for dinner and had another EXCELLENT dining experience, food is GREAT and prepared quickly.
Bottom line? don't look at the decor. Just eat the food because that is why you are there, and the decor grows on you the second time... maybe that's why they keep it just as is.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SKIDDERS! Best food I had all vacation.

1  Thank R B

Reviewed June 16, 2014

After a late arrival to our resort (Tradewinds Island Grand) my husband and I needed to grab a bite to eat, and Skidders was right across the street.

This place, hands down, has the BEST pizza I have ever tasted. I have traveled to Italy and Greece, and it beats any I tasted while there. The crust is perfect. Crisp on the outside, while light and airy on the inside. The toppings were equally amazing. (We had meatballs)

It was so good, in fact, we came back again during our 5 day trip.

Our second visit, we tried the greek fare. I had chicken souvlaki sandwich, and my husband had the gyro. Both were very good. I did feel the tzatziki could have used more dill though.

I highly recommend Skidders, run across the street if you are staying at TradeWinds - sure beats paying those marked-up resort prices!

1  Thank gfellerj
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The food was nothing to write home about. The staff was unfriendly. The pricing was about average. I would not recommend.

1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We walked to skidders while staying at Guy Harveys. The food was good and quick service. All 3 of us had eggs, sausage and fried potatoes.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

As a Brit, I get super excited by US brunches. This was good. Not great but good. Hubby (who is from the US) described it perfectly - they focus on quantity not flavour. Pancakes large, french toast thick, service quick and bottomless coffee. Nothing new here but good value comfort brunch if you want to fill up. Bacon tasted pre cooked like it had been sat for a while.