“Unique Dining Experience”

Skidder's Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 150 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Offering a wonderful variety for the whole family. Homemade pancakes, soups, bread and sauces. Antibiotic-hormone free eggs and chicken. Gluten free pasta and pizza...
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Skidders proved to be one of my best finds during a recent stay on St. Pete beach. The servers and manager made you feel like you were family and the food was some of the best I have had for the price in this area. The portions were more than adequate and the quality compares to 5 star restaurants. I had both the pizza and the broiled flounder, as I ate there twice during my stay. Will most definitely be back during my next visit to St. Pete Beach.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,577)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had a bad day so one of my good friend's decided to take me out to dinner at one of his childhood favorite restaurants. I was excited. This is a place he still eats at at least once a week so it has to be beyond delicious. We walked in and I was transported onto the set of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The atmosphere is nothing less then classic and it's clear that this establishment is still family run from management to waitstaff. However, when I looked at the menu I almost walked out. The wide selection is wonderful and overwhelming but the prices...wow. Unless someone else is paying for my meal I would never eat somewhere I has to pay a little over $15 for a plate of average Baked Ziti. The bread that came with our starters was delicious but my vinaigrette on my salad was all oil no vinegar. The pasta was honestly nothing special. It was good better then the grocery store take out but not great or even as good as say...Olive Garden. The portions were large but not huge, really the pasta I was so excited for was a let down. The dessert however was DELICIOUS and amazing truly almost worth the nearly $6 I paid the small piece of cake.
While the meal was almost a let down the service, while not extremely friendly or chatty, was fast and efficient which was greatly appreciated. Ultimately I'm not sure I would return quite as often as my friend but if someone's gonna pay for me I'd probably return for that atmosphere and dessert if nothing else.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We vacation 2-3 times a year at St Pete Beach and never fail to visit Skidders multiple times each visit. The food is always very good, nothing exotic, just really tasty and with very generous portions. The service is friendly and surprisingly prompt, even when very busy which is often the case. The owner or manager ever fails to visit our table to thank us sincerely for coming and to make sure everything was "just right".

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stopped by on a Sunday - walked from the Don Cesar. Asked for the fresh fruit - but it had not been cut up yet so unavailable. They could get me some strawberries - so I had a bowl and an English muffin. Husband had a Ham and Cheese omelet - Cheese looked like the sliced American cheese. Overall it hit the spot and was fuel for our walk back to the Don.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family vacations in Treasure Island every year. We always eat at Skidders (sometimes twice) while on vacation. Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner you will get an amazing meal.